Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(14-Jul-2016, 07:56)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(14-Jul-2016, 07:34)Teliaved Wrote: Appart from the Cooper base, the ODA is a 1000Pro limited edition, and both are getting a streaming board next year.

What is the best option sound wise: copper plated or full copper?

The 1000 Pro has a brand new 4000W peak power supply. My guess is that this will play a key role in the improved performance over the O d'A.

I must say even the streamer board coming next year doesn't sound right either, they've had how long to sort out a new network board since the original Duet board?! Especially with all the issues surrounding AIR and requests for a simplified UPnP offering. 

I remember a few months ago when all the rumours were circulating re the new 1000 model some of us actually thought that the O d'A already had a new streaming board!!

Guillaume
One positive for O'dA owners is that from what was said yesterday it would appear that the new ADH implimentation is one of the main drivers of the increased performance.  This will be delivered by firmware update, the hardware is already in place.  It will be interesting to get feedback from the Od'A users on this one, with the firmware update they will experience the ADH improvements as a discrete update, how noticeable will this be?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(13-Jul-2016, 21:53)Confused Wrote: The UK price for the D800 to D1000 Pro upgrade is just under £5000, which includes the new streamer board, when available.

My local dealer has got back to me today and quoted AUD$22,000 for upgrading a pair of D-Premiers to a D1000 Pro. Yes that's AUD$22K (translates into nearly £13K at current exchange rate) Sad

Seems as if D-Premier owners are going to be stitched up for the D1000 pro upgrade. I was quoted AUD$6k (£3.5K) for a single upgrade from D-Premier to D250, and that was only 5 months ago Confused

Either that or the new Devialet Distributor here in Oz is really taking the [email=*%@^()&$%]*%@^()&$%[/email]

Can't wait to find out how much the upgrades are costing back in the UK, and other countries to find out if it's Devialet hitting hard old D-Premier owners, or if it's the Oz distributor taking the ..........
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(14-Jul-2016, 09:53)Celts88 Wrote:
(13-Jul-2016, 21:53)Confused Wrote: The UK price for the D800 to D1000 Pro upgrade is just under £5000, which includes the new streamer board, when available.

My local dealer has got back to me today and quoted AUD$22,000 for upgrading a pair of D-Premiers to a D1000 Pro. Yes that's AUD$22K (translates into nearly £13K at current exchange rate) Sad

Seems as if D-Premier owners are going to be stitched up for the D1000 pro upgrade. I was quoted AUD$6k (£3.5K) for a single upgrade from D-Premier to D250, and that was only 5 months ago Confused

Either that or the new Devialet Distributor here in Oz is really taking the [email=*%@^()&$%]*%@^()&$%[/email]

Can't wait to find out how much the upgrades are costing back in the UK, and other countries to find out if it's Devialet hitting hard old D-Premier owners, or if it's the Oz distributor taking the ..........

So it may actually be cheaper to upgrade the D-Prems to 800s (assuming the option is still available which I'm guessing it isn't?)  and then upgrade to 1000Pro.  Logical!

I'm still pondering selling my D200 to buy a used D120 to upgrade to the new upgraded model. That's if D200 values don't fall to match D120 overnight.
(14-Jul-2016, 10:03)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(14-Jul-2016, 09:53)Celts88 Wrote:

So it may actually be cheaper to upgrade the D-Prems to 800s (assuming the option is still available which I'm guessing it isn't?)  and then upgrade to 1000Pro.  Logical!

I'm still pondering selling my D200 to buy a used D120 to upgrade to the new upgraded model. That's if D200 values don't fall to match D120 overnight.
Rufus

Nah, that just means I will have to be happy with my pair of D-Premiers as there is no way I'm going to pay double to upgrade them to a 1000 Pro, against what I was quoted for previous upgrade to a D800 (my previous quote was end of Jan '16, so not that long ago).

Ah well, a bit deflated now Sad , as was hoping to scrape the money together for the 1000 Pro, but no way am I going to do that for AUD$22K (£13K).
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(14-Jul-2016, 10:24)Celts88 Wrote:
(14-Jul-2016, 10:03)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(14-Jul-2016, 09:53)Celts88 Wrote: My local dealer has got back to me today and quoted AUD$22,000 for upgrading a pair of D-Premiers to a D1000 Pro. Yes that's AUD$22K (translates into nearly £13K at current exchange rate) Sad

Rufus

Nah, that just means I will have to be happy with my pair of D-Premiers as there is no way I'm going to pay double to upgrade them to a 1000 Pro, against what I was quoted for previous upgrade to a D800 (my previous quote was end of Jan '16, so not that long ago).

Ah well, a bit deflated now Sad , as was hoping to scrape the money together for the 1000 Pro, but no way am I going to do that for AUD$22K (£13K).
I wonder why you would need a dealer for the upgrade. Isn't this a deal with Devialet itself? Pay the upgrade price in Euros, send it from your home to France and get it back to your place when it's done. Or is there a reason you need the service of a dealer?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Pim

I was only enquiring with the dealer regarding the new upgrade price. They previously quoted me AUD$6K for single upgrade to D250, which was only a small bit dearer than what the good folks in Europe/UK paid (expected to pay more for shipping from Oz to France and back).

Now with the CRAZY price Confused  for upgrading a pair of D-Premiers to a 1000 Pro AUD$22K (£13K)., I will have to wait and see if this is the typical cost from Devialet (irrespective of location) or is it the Oz distributor fleecing us Ozzie's.

Until I find out which it is, then I won't know which way to go. If as Brain said earlier it's about £5K for upgrade from D800 to 1000Pro, then would expect a part additional cost for pair of D-Premier's to a 1000 Pro - say band within £6-7K, which is a 20%-40% additional premium (inclusive shipping back to France), then I would seriously look at scraping the money together.

Will have to wait and see what costing's come out over the next few days/weeks Huh

Australia (Perth)
(14-Jul-2016, 11:04)Celts88 Wrote: Pim

I was only enquiring with the dealer regarding the new upgrade price. They previously quoted me AUD$6K for single upgrade to D250, which was only a small bit dearer than what the good folks in Europe/UK paid (expected to pay more for shipping from Oz to France and back).

Now with the CRAZY price Confused  for upgrading a pair of D-Premiers to a 1000 Pro AUD$22K (£13K)., I will have to wait and see if this is the typical cost from Devialet (irrespective of location) or is it the Oz distributor fleecing us Ozzie's.

Until I find out which it is, then I won't know which way to go. If as Brain said earlier it's about £5K for upgrade from D800 to 1000Pro, then would expect a part additional cost for pair of D-Premier's to a 1000 Pro - say band within £6-7K, which is a 20%-40% additional premium (inclusive shipping back to France), then I would seriously look at scraping the money together.

Will have to wait and see what costing's come out over the next few days/weeks Huh

Another thing to consider in your case is that your speakers will never get the SAM treatment either so you're looking at a streamer that might come out next year and you don't know how good it's going to be plus the SQ improvements. You might get the same SQ improvement with a A$22,000.- streamer.
It's a fact that we're now not getting the deals we had a few years ago when the A$ was buying US$1.10  Life was pretty good there for a while.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Just as an FYI. The page for upgrading a DP to 250 specs is still there (http://en.devialet.com/upgrade-d-premier-en/). Just now I noticed for the first time, printed in small letters: "Prices in Europe".
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
No information concerning the price made available to the dealers here in Germany so far.

It would be interesting to know whether the promised ´streaming board´ will also work in Experts without the upcoming upgrade into a pro unit. As it is mentioned for the software OS 2017.
(14-Jul-2016, 11:04)Celts88 Wrote: If as Brain said earlier it's about £5K for upgrade from D800 to 1000Pro, then would expect a part additional cost for pair of D-Premier's to a 1000 Pro - say band within £6-7K, which is a 20%-40% additional premium (inclusive shipping back to France), then I would seriously look at scraping the money together.

That may have seemed logical previously, but if Devialet are now saying the cost is purely based on the replacement hardware - and so 120 and 200 updates will be the same amount because it's the same internals - I don't see any logic other than 250/800/d-prem all costing the same per pizza to update too. But since when has logic been of any relevance in Devialets case.

Am regretting getting my 200 even more now. Totally pointless buying extra features I didn't need for resale value thanks to the upgrade policy. But I'm glad for 120 users that are interested, if you're happy with the hardware that's a pretty bloody good deal.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<