Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(14-Jul-2016, 11:44)Antoine Wrote: Just as an FYI. The page for upgrading a DP to 250 specs is still there (http://en.devialet.com/upgrade-d-premier-en/). Just now I noticed for the first time, printed in small letters: "Prices in Europe".

Yes, those prices aren't much different than what I was quoted in January for a D-Premier to D250 - 3490Euro to AUD$= $5100, with increase in cost over time and extra shipping my AUD$6k quote sounds about right. Now the previous upgrade cost to D800 5900Euro to AUD$= $8600, with again increase over time and extra shipping say AUD$11k (doable Smile ).

The new quote I have for D-Premiers to D1000 Pro is AUD$22k, which is DOUBLE the cost from D-Premiers to D800. Something is seriously out of whack if the cost increase for upgrade from D800 to D1000 is the same increase again  Sad   (are they trying to hit me with both upgrade costs inclusive for D-Premier to D800 + D800 to D1000; very cheeky if this is the case Dodgy )
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Surely if the 120->220pro costs the same as 200->220pro because the parts are the same (i.e the whole board is replaced) then DPx2->1000pro should cost the same as 800->1000pro? Am I missing something?

Dave
(14-Jul-2016, 12:48)daved0x01 Wrote: Surely if the 120->220pro costs the same as 200->220pro because the parts are the same (i.e the whole board is replaced) then DPx2->1000pro should cost the same as 800->1000pro? Am I missing something?

Dave

Nothing other than a feint echo Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(14-Jul-2016, 12:48)daved0x01 Wrote: Surely if the 120->220pro costs the same as 200->220pro because the parts are the same (i.e the whole board is replaced) then DPx2->1000pro should cost the same as 800->1000pro? Am I missing something?

Dave

Yes, it is in effect a PX deal, as Devialet have plans to re-use the old innards.  So maybe the D-premier innards are not wanted / have no value as it is the one product that does not have the EVO platform.  Just speculation on my part, although any price difference should be relatively small, I would have thought?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I have remembered another point that came up at yesterdays launch.  Devialet's Mathieu Pernot was explaining various aspects of the new design that would improve the performance of the 1000 Pro.  Someone asked about how they verified such sound quality improvements, did they have listening sessions, and so on.  The answer was a clear no, the performance is measured using test equipment.  Mathieu made a comment about his lab equipment making precisely the same measurements on a Monday morning as it does on a Friday afternoon, whereas his ears were less accurate.  An interesting comment I thought!  OK, he then went on to say that of course they do listen to the end products.  I think the point is that during development they are measured to establish and optimise performance and accuracy, they are not 'fine tuned' by ear.  I guess views will vary with regards to this one!  I have to say though that for me, this was music to my ears.  Shy   (BTW, I may just have inadvertently written a dreadful pun Sad )
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(14-Jul-2016, 12:56)Confused Wrote:

Dave

Yes, it is in effect a PX deal, as Devialet have plans to re-use the old innards.  So maybe the D-premier innards are not wanted / have no value as it is the one product that does not have the EVO platform.  Just speculation on my part, although any price difference should be relatively small, I would have thought?

Yes, I hadn't thought of that. Like you say Confused it should be a small difference not double!

Dave
(14-Jul-2016, 12:56)Confused Wrote:

Dave

Yes, could be that, but wouldn't make much sense why the cost in Jan for upgrade to D800 is now double to D1000 if they can't use the innards (they could use the innards in January, but not now).

Don't want the above to sound like I'm having a dummy spit, just that it doesn't make much sense - to me (I appreciste all the info and advice on D/Chat, it's sooooooooooooo helpful).

Will find out soon enough when the costs come out for other countries and then know if it's Devialet double dipping or the Ozzie Distibutor (no accusations meant or intended Tongue )
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(14-Jul-2016, 11:54)Nightmare Wrote: No information concerning the price made available to the dealers here in Germany so far.

It would be interesting to know whether the promised ´streaming board´ will also work in Experts without the upcoming upgrade into a pro unit. As it is mentioned for the software OS 2017.

My question on the stream board is whether it will work at all so far devialet doesn't have a proven streaming product. The "dialog" promise was originally mid-2015. I don't think phantom is upnp capable yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Absolutely right!

That´s why I wrote earlier, that I will not upgrade at all before this streaming board is running (in 2017 or whenever) and showing what it is all about. They are launching an upgrade for obviously a lot of money with - again - promises that have been made long ago. And even the new software (OS 2017) is not finished yet.

Remember: Streaming was one of the features (room correction as well) announced to follow - for free - years ago. There was never the talk of a chargeable upgrade needed.
(14-Jul-2016, 13:07)Confused Wrote: I have remembered another point that came up at yesterdays launch.  Devialet's Mathieu Pernot was explaining various aspects of the new design that would improve the performance of the 1000 Pro.  Someone asked about how they verified such sound quality improvements, did they have listening sessions, and so on.  The answer was a clear no, the performance is measured using test equipment.  Mathieu made a comment about his lab equipment making precisely the same measurements on a Monday morning as it does on a Friday afternoon, whereas his ears were less accurate.  An interesting comment I thought!  OK, he then went on to say that of course they do listen to the end products.  I think the point is that during development they are measured to establish and optimise performance and accuracy, they are not 'fine tuned' by ear.  I guess views will vary with regards to this one!  I have to say though that for me, this was music to my ears.  Shy   (BTW, I may just have inadvertently written a dreadful pun Sad )

Measurements are definitely good when trying to lower distortion, reduce crosstalk, increase output power etc etc.  But there has to be a concern for sound quality from the analog outputs.

I think we all need to take a step back do some proper side by side tests with our current amps and decide if we really need these better number or maybe the 2% Class A with it's little bit more sag makes the music sound that much sweeter.

Did they swap an 800 in and out for comparison?   If not I'm a little leary to how much of an improvement anyone says they heard in a recently changed demo room played on speakers that you don't intimately know using cables you probably don't own.

Hey, I'm just trying to save everyone a little money here.  Big Grin
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2