Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet could go public - bad or good?
http://videos.lesechos.fr/news/invite-de...91001.html#
This is personal (too narrow opinion), it is good as many speakers will be SAM profiled.
Quality - Corporate world is nasty its all about $$
Passion - driven by $$ first ?
Customer support - gets into a call centers with cold responses

Is there a English version of the interview ?
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I wish it is. I can only partially understand French, and more when reading than listening.
(01-Mar-2015, 05:37)mirekti Wrote: I wish it is. I can only partially understand French, and more when reading than listening.

Just to summarise for those that don't speak French... 

The interview is conducted by Les Echos a French business daily and focusses on Devialet's business model and plans.

1) They don't really consider themselves a traditional hi-fi company but rather a (high-tech) technology company focussing on audio
2) Their mission (or vocation) is to bring the ADH innovation to the masses, and Phantom is the first stage in this
3) 25M Euros were invested in developing the Phantom platform!
4) It is anticipated that Phantom will increase Devialet's turnover by between 4 and 8 times, with current turnover standing at 10M Euros 
5) Currently production capacity is at 150 units a week, this will ramp up to 1k in a few weeks and then 2-4k a week by the end of 2015 (yes you read that correctly!).
6) Currently 2-300 orders a week for Phantom are bering received, so there is a backlog
7) They have enough production capacity for 150k orders per annum (wow I did the maths on this, assuming 800 euros per unit goes to Devialet that's 120M Euros!).
8) All production and R&D is in France and will remain there
9) They expect that there may be more rounds of financing required, in particular to fund the expansion of a global retail network, and a stock market listing is expected for 2017/18
10) the pressure inside the Phantom is 176 dB the equivalent of a rocket taking off! 

A few other interesting things were mentioned but these are the key takeaway points. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Not much mention of the "Expert" range then?
Thanks Guillaum for your very helpful summary.
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(01-Mar-2015, 20:28)wwm Wrote: Thanks Guillaum for your very helpful summary.
Cheers,
Bill.

Agreed!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Yes, thanks G for the summary! Going public, well if they want to expand they need to fill up with liquidity and going through an IPO is one way or partner with some else another. For the fun of it, I will for sure get 1 share when they'll be listed.

Expert line doesn't seem to get more attention, though I hope I am wrong.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(01-Mar-2015, 23:16)IanG-UK Wrote:
(01-Mar-2015, 20:28)wwm Wrote: Thanks Guillaum for your very helpful summary.
Cheers,
Bill.

Agreed!
Same Here!. that was wonderful to read out. Very Well captured.

Guillaum - Did they also spoke on the investment on the software team etc. 
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"