Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Devialet d400==>Devialet d220??
That might be the price you actually sell it at, but looking online you could start around 5500.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

Where are you based? I am interested in the companion.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Hello,
I come from Belgium.
Dom
I am from Greece. PM if you decide to sell your gear.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Hello,
If ever my D200 companion is still on sale :-)
I always think of upgrading my devialet D400 to a devialet D220 pro.
Dom
Hello,
I'm still thinking of upgrading my Devialet.
Regarding the price, which is still important (too much?): 3490euros for the 220pro, 5990euros for the 440pro.
Is it really a justified investment? Even at this price?
Thank you
Dom
For me - yes! my roadmap was 200 -> 220 -> 440. Very noticeable improvement along the way. now running a 250/220 combo until I can afford a second 250 to round out my config. I have not experienced the D1000 but 220 to 440 was definitely a major step up in clarity and control. I'm not familiar with your speakers so your results may differ - but I doubt it.

Justified investment - or better asked justifiable expense? That's a personal question I don't think anyone else can answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
Ok, it's always difficult to invest a lot of money  without being able to test ... but thx a lot for your answer.
If there are other opinions? Thanks
Dom
I started with a D200 with the ultimate intent to get a 2nd for a D400. But then the Expert Pro was released so I replaced the D200 with a 220 which was a nice improvement and also kept me current with Devialet. Then I picked up a 2nd and am now extremely happy with my 440 Pro. I found that going from the 220 to 440 was not so much a change in sound as it was a significant improvement in the dynamics, soundstage and ultimately, how relaxed and effortless the music was being presented. So I would definitely recommend the 440 if finances allow.

Fortunately, I've not heard a D1000 Pro. My fear is that once I do, I'll be trying to figure out how to afford it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
ok, and what do you think of the "upgrade" d400 to d220 pro?