Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet expert pro sweet room beginner's guide
Finally have grown up to it and also concluded I need to implement some equalization as my room is far from perfect (especially in bass region) .
I thought would try sweet room first and if not successful then as my last part of rescue something from minidsp with dirac.

BUT and big BUT had a look at the devialet info about the SWEET ROOM read all and not really sure or convinced how to use it.

Can you please help me with it.??
I have measured the room initially with REW and found some dips but also PEAKS around 30 to 60 Hz which for me is more important.
Generally that peak makes some songs very unlistenable in my room even with using the bass correction on maximum -18db

The speakers I am using at the moment are some Kef reference 1.

Please help!
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
(24-Sep-2022, 22:34)winiar560 Wrote: Finally have grown up to it and also concluded I need to implement some equalization as my room is far from perfect (especially in bass region) .
I thought would try sweet room first and if not successful then as my last part of rescue something from minidsp with dirac.

BUT and big BUT had a look at the devialet info about the SWEET ROOM read all and not really sure or convinced how to use it.

I have measured the room initially with REW and found some dips but also PEAKS around 30 to 60 Hz which for me is more important.
Generally that peak makes some songs very unlistenable in my room even with using the bass correction on maximum -18db

Please help!

I have attempted my first correction of sweet room eq but without success.

Every time I got the bad file message once loaded onto my amp.
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
(25-Sep-2022, 01:40)winiar560 Wrote:
(24-Sep-2022, 22:34)winiar560 Wrote: Finally have grown up to it and also concluded I need to implement some equalization as my room is far from perfect (especially in bass region) .

Please help!

I have attempted my first correction of sweet room eq but without success.

Every time I got the bad file message once loaded onto my amp.
Devialet is in fact a computer and the computer's behaviour is unpredictable. Maybe replace your existing SD cards and try again using other SD cards.
(24-Sep-2022, 22:34)winiar560 Wrote: The speakers I am using at the moment are some Kef reference 1.

Are you using the SAM profile for your speakers? Short port? Long port?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(25-Sep-2022, 11:15)ogs Wrote:
(24-Sep-2022, 22:34)winiar560 Wrote: The speakers I am using at the moment are some Kef reference 1.

Are you using the SAM profile for your speakers? Short port? Long port?

Yes I do use Sam profile (short port).
The thing is there is no clear explanation what text file you add and where to the devialet settings?
Also how it should look when added to the setting file?
I do not have a Devialet amp any more so I haven't tried Sweet Room, but I think both your amps should have the same EQ file with both L and R config in it. Possibly all R values at zero for the left channel file and vice versa for the right channel. The file should just be put side by side with the normal config file for the amps. Do not try to edit the main config file, you'll change the CRC and the amps will ignore it. To fix the main bass problem edit only four EQ entries for each channel. Don't try to fill in the dips, only work on (reduce) peaks.
There exist a bug where SAM and SR collides so to speak. Whether this bug will affect your SAM config and your speakers is not known.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(25-Sep-2022, 15:17)ogs Wrote: I do not have a Devialet amp any more so I haven't tried Sweet Room, but I think both your amps should have the same EQ file with both L and R config in it. Possibly all R values at zero for the left channel file and vice versa for the right channel. The file should just be put side by side with the normal config file for the amps. Do not try to edit the main config file, you'll change the CRC and the amps will ignore it.  To fix the main bass  problem edit only four EQ entries for each channel. Don't try to fill in the dips, only work on (reduce) peaks.
There exist a bug where SAM  and SR collides so to speak. Whether this bug will affect your SAM config and your speakers is not known.

Thanks.
But to me it's still not 100 % understandable.

Would you or anyone else be able to paste here an example of the text file how it should look like ?
I need 10 db down at 45hz for both channels.

I have tried already quite a few different options (for a single 250 pro at first ) to check if it would work but with no success and coming with an error every time.

What I did ive added the simple text file to the end of the original setup file ,also tried to move text and modify and none have worked.
(25-Sep-2022, 15:17)ogs Wrote: I do not have a Devialet amp any more so I haven't tried Sweet Room, but I think both your amps should have the same EQ file with both L and R config in it. Possibly all R values at zero for the left channel file and vice versa for the right channel. The file should just be put side by side with the normal config file for the amps. Do not try to edit the main config file, you'll change the CRC and the amps will ignore it.  To fix the main bass  problem edit only four EQ entries for each channel. Don't try to fill in the dips, only work on (reduce) peaks.
There exist a bug where SAM  and SR collides so to speak. Whether this bug will affect your SAM config and your speakers is not known.
Ive just read your message again more carefully.

And do you mean the EQ text file should be added SEPARATE to the SD card in completely separate folder???
My understanding is the eq.txt file is placed in the root directory of the SD card alongside your configuration file. So you should have two files in the root directory, the config file and the eq.txt file.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(25-Sep-2022, 18:15)disarmamant Wrote: My understanding is the eq.txt file is placed in the root directory of the SD card alongside your configuration file. So you should have two files in the root directory, the config file and the eq.txt file.

I see.Thats what I meant in my last reply above.
Thanks for clarification.

I'm going to try it and come back.
Thanks again.