Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet not attending High-End 2016
Hi guys.

@ Ian: I saw that myself and I also think the list is incomplete. AC is the importer of Shunyata, too.......

@ Confused: I know, I suggested Mr. Peters to exhibit already last year ;-)

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan
Hi Everybody,

In the interest of clarity, I'm a Devialet dealer and writing here for the first time.

Devialet had invited their international distributors and dealers to a launch event at the end of April in Paris ahead of the Munich High-end show. They have told us nothing about what is to be launched, so we will only find out between April 27th - 29th.

So for now, watch their website at the end of April.

Kev
(28-Mar-2016, 07:25)Chen Liang Wrote: Hi Everybody,

In the interest of clarity, I'm a Devialet dealer and writing here for the first time.

Devialet had invited their international distributors and dealers to a launch event at the end of April in Paris ahead of the Munich High-end show. They have told us nothing about what is to be launched, so we will only find out between April 27th - 29th.

Kev

Hi Kev,

thank you for these news. Any news are good news since I had send a request to Devialet if they would be attendind the HighEnd show in Munich but never got a reply.

So let's wait and see what's coming out end of April.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(28-Mar-2016, 07:25)Chen Liang Wrote: ...They have told us nothing about what is to be launched, so we will only find out between April 27th - 29th.

Very 'Apple'. I can feel a silhouette coming on. Or perhaps a shape with something draped over it. Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(28-Mar-2016, 08:11)blair.athol Wrote:
(28-Mar-2016, 07:25)Chen Liang Wrote: Hi Everybody,

Kev

Hi Kev,

thank you for these news. Any news are good news since I had send a request to Devialet if they would be attendind the HighEnd show in Munich but never got a reply.

So let's wait and see what's coming out end of April.

Hi Blair,

Speaking as a dealer, we certainly hope to see something new for Expert, but  hopefully still within the current internal architecture to minimize upgrading trauma! Especially Room Eq or correction, which had been mentioned since over two years ago, and in my mind a logical and great compliment to SAM.

As for Phantom, again from a dealer's point of view, Direct support for Dolby and DTS within the current Dialog, or perhaps Dialog II, so we can sell Phantoms in 5 or 7 pieces sets! 

Again I stress these are only my personal predictions without whatsoever any advance news from the factory, but merely what I feel would be logical progress within their present products eco-system.
(28-Mar-2016, 09:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(28-Mar-2016, 07:25)Chen Liang Wrote: ...They have told us nothing about what is to be launched, so we will only find out between April 27th - 29th.

Very 'Apple'. I can feel a silhouette coming on. Or perhaps a shape with something draped over it. Wink

I am sure that the launch will be for a fully featured stable version of spark, together with the new "AIR 3", also fully stable on both Windows and IOS platforms.  Surely they will not be launching a whole new product with all the other unresolved issues out there?  Will they???
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(28-Mar-2016, 10:04)Confused Wrote:
(28-Mar-2016, 09:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

I am sure that the launch will be for a fully featured stable version of spark, together with the new "AIR 3", also fully stable on both Windows and IOS platforms.  Surely they will not be launching a whole new product with all the other unresolved issues out there?  Will they???

You could say that is the $64 question, but again as a dealer, I don't see them calling a major conference of their international dealers and distributors to merely announce firmware or software updates they pass out for free to all customers... I mean I certainly would not fly 14 hours to France from my neck of the woods just for that! Furthermore from a product cycle time-line, I am fairly certain they're up to something major.
(28-Mar-2016, 10:04)Confused Wrote: Surely they will not be launching a whole new product with all the other unresolved issues out there?  Will they???

If that's what happens, they can probably wave bye-bye to any remaining shreds of customer goodwill.  Not that that will bother them in the slightest!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
From what I know, the head count in Devialet is now numbering over 130 strong, perhaps it is unfair to say they're all collectively not bothered by the issues of Devialet Air and Spark. As with all things software and firmware, the ironing out process will be continuous, otherwise stagnation sets in.

It must also be recognized and accepted that if firmware and software updates cannot entirely solve certain issues, then hardware upgrade becomes inevitable, hence new products must launch forth. As a company the bottom line is the issues will be taken care of one way or another, but not going forward is not an option.

That way at least future customers can count on improved products, bear in mind this company is a mere 6 years old. Their rise to date is spectacular and unprecedented in all 29 years I've been involved in the high-end audio market. Of the well over hundred souls working within Devialet, I am in no doubt there are more than a few who are sincerely working hard to solve the issues.
Hello Kev,

I don't doubt that there are some, maybe many, well-intentioned individuals working at Devialet.  And it's not too much of a stretch to believe that some of them may be working on fixes for the widely-reported problems.  However, that doesn't change my (and others') perception that the company as a whole presents an "attitude" which can best be described as arrogant and uncaring.  One way for Devialet to improve this perception -- if indeed they are interested in doing so -- would be to actually fix some of these problems before announcing more new products, extravagant sponsorship deals, etc.

Also, I take your point about them being a new company, but that does not excuse releasing products that do not work as advertised, without taking proper responsibility for fixing them within a reasonable time scale (i.e. less than several years).  And given that the fixes have not been forthcoming, I believe they also have a duty to communicate properly with their customers about what progress they are making towards a proper resolution.  That is just common courtesy.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK