Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet not attending High-End 2016
(28-Mar-2016, 11:44)thumb5 Wrote: Hello Kev,

I don't doubt that there are some, maybe many, well-intentioned individuals working at Devialet.  And it's not too much of a stretch to believe that some of them may be working on fixes for the widely-reported problems.  However, that doesn't change my (and others') perception that the company as a whole presents an "attitude" which can best be described as arrogant and uncaring.  One way for Devialet to improve this perception -- if indeed they are interested in doing so -- would be to actually fix some of these problems before announcing more new products, extravagant sponsorship deals, etc.

Also, I take your point about them being a new company, but that does not excuse releasing products that do not work as advertised, without taking proper responsibility for fixing them within a reasonable time scale (i.e. less than several years).  And given that the fixes have not been forthcoming, I believe they also have a duty to communicate properly with their customers about what progress they are making towards a proper resolution.  That is just common courtesy.

+1
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
The lack of resolution to the long waited major problems maybe a sign of a new product.... It maybe that Devialet has channeled all their resources to the development of a new product and currently ignores the support of existing product line.
(28-Mar-2016, 12:46)cansen Wrote: The lack of resolution to the long waited major problems maybe a sign of a new product.... It maybe that Devialet has channeled all their resources to the development of a new product and currently ignores the support of existing product line.

Well I hope they are ready for some bashing if that's the case.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(28-Mar-2016, 11:15)Chen Liang Wrote: From what I know, the head count in Devialet is now numbering over 130 strong, perhaps it is unfair to say they're all collectively not bothered by the issues of Devialet Air and Spark. As with all things software and firmware, the ironing out process will be continuous, otherwise stagnation sets in.

It must also be recognized and accepted that if firmware and software updates cannot entirely solve certain issues, then hardware upgrade becomes inevitable, hence new products must launch forth. As a company the bottom line is the issues will be taken care of one way or another, but not going forward is not an option.

That way at least future customers can count on improved products, bear in mind this company is a mere 6 years old. Their rise to date is spectacular and unprecedented in all 29 years I've been involved in the high-end audio market. Of the well over hundred souls working within Devialet, I am in no doubt there are more than a few who are sincerely working hard to solve the issues.

Kev, I think an end users perception is often quite different to that of a dealer - no disrespect intended, but I disagree with pretty much everything you've said there....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

If they really had something to announce / show the would go to HE2016.
(28-Mar-2016, 20:11)Xander Wrote: If they really had something to announce / show the would go to HE2016.

Unless it's not high-end perhaps?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I Dont Stream , but i follow dev chat. I see dev name In formula One, i Read that they Will sell dev In Apple store. And Then i Read about the frustrations about streaming . If i was a client,WHO Think ordre devialet, use streaming i Would stopp sit Down and thinking mabye i Should bye other gear. And something i Don,t. Understand Why devialet Are Quiet ?? I Think it is Wery Strange and almost piss on Those people WHO have devialet, or Think bye devialet. That is my mening . And Hello from Denmark.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
Devialet builds an exceptionally good package. Not cheap, but you get a lot in return that does work flawlessly. When I considered a new amp I was impressed by the step up in sound quality. It comes with a very, very good DAC inside too and I was happy with those two. Sound quality comes first for me. And the stability in streaming can be easily obtained by using an external source. No way the fact that air isn't what one would expect could make me disregard Devialet as a product alltogether, but that's just me ;-). Pleased enough to even consider a D400 somewhere in the future.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
I have dev 200 and it work,S. For me . I Get dev becorse it is a One bit system ,and i never look back , but i talk about Those people WHO want too Stream With out ploblems , and there is ploblemes , devialet come With phantoms , they go formula One, fine but they Don,t fix streaming ploblems WHO has been there long .that is devialet,S ploblems, they Don,t talk and fix the ploblems .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
From what i hear, the number of engineers have actually decreased at Devialet but the marketing/sales side has increased. They need to make more money (profit) and so they need to maximise their return from the current line. Designing and building a whole new platform is too costly and won't be happening yet.