Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet not recognised on Audirvana or Airfoil
I use Audirvana and Airfoil for my streaming.  I acquired two Phantom I speakers two days' ago but neither of these programs recognise them. However, the speakers are strangely recognised by mConnect Lite (that is the only app which recognises the Phantoms). I've restarted my Mac laptop but nothing has changed.

Please advise with any ideas how to get Audirvana & Airfoil to recognise my new speakers.  Thanks for your time.
When my Experts disappear, I just physically unplug the Ethernet cable between them and the Mac mini, then plug it straight back in.
A few seconds later: voila!
Sorry I cant help with Phantoms.
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
Are the Phantoms the newest type i.e. Phantom I? Which firmware? I do not own Phantoms nor am I familiar with MAC. Is the mConnect Lite UPnP/DLNA? In that case Audirvana and other UPnP programs should work. Did you check with Audirvana support (or forum)?
And what about Bubbleupnp? Does that work?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thank you for both your replies, ICUdoc and ogs.

Isn't Bubbleupnp just for Android... not sure, myself.

The boxes state that they are both 'Phantom Light Chrome'... does that help?

I'm on firmware 2.13.2 (I think that's the latest?)

It says that mConnectLite is uPnP (playing from TIDAL).

I've never had any problems with either Audirvana or Airfoil... it's recognising all the Bang & Olufsen and Sonos that I have.

Thanks, Steve
" I like the simple things in life... nothing complicated.  Unfortunately, as I get older, everything seems to become more arduous, convoluted & certainly much more problematic " : (Source: me, 2022)
UPDATE for 21 Jan @ 13:30

I had a spare DIALOG which I plugged into my network earlier. I know that it's a bit of a redundant piece of hardware, but after updating itself to firmware 2.13.2, it's now allowing me to use Audirvana as, at least on that piece of software, my Devialet system is now being recognised.

However, my Devialet system still isn't being recognised as existing by either my Mac laptop or my favourite program: Airfoil.

But at least something else is now working, although I'm not really sure what the Dialog would actually do in a case like mine. Is it that it boosts reception for Devialet? Perhaps it boosts Airplay, too?
" I like the simple things in life... nothing complicated.  Unfortunately, as I get older, everything seems to become more arduous, convoluted & certainly much more problematic " : (Source: me, 2022)
I guess 'Light Chrome' = Phantom I. 2.13.2 should definitely work with UPnP. Bubbleupnp server has a MAC version. I'm not sure about iOS. Maybe check the Phantom setup app one more time to be sure UPnP/DNLA is correctly configured? Reboot (remove/insert power cable) afterwards.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thanks, ogs.... I've just found BubbleuPnp on the 'Net although I can't find the 'LaunchControl' that they mention when they say: "BubbleUPnP Server is found in the “Global Daemons” category". But that's by the by...

I reset / rebooted / reinstalled the Phantoms again... but it's made no difference.  In fact, I've lost what I had before, so in effect I've gone back to square one.  One of these days I might actually be able to sit down and play myself some music on them instead of faffing around with Internet & app settings !

I've also dug out an old Android smartphone, so I shall put BubbleuPnp on that and see what happens.  There may be more Android apps for NAS and uPnP than there are on iOS so I shall play around over the weekend.
(21-Jan-2022, 17:31)intrigued Wrote: Thanks, ogs.... I've just found BubbleuPnp on the 'Net although I can't find the 'LaunchControl' that they mention when they say: "BubbleUPnP Server is found in the “Global Daemons” category". But that's by the by...

I expect LaunchControl is a reference to this application which helps you edit the preference files which control the macOS "launch daemon" (launchd).  This allows you to start programs automatically, for example at system start-up, which is likely how a server program would want to be run.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
UPDATE to this horrible saga of two Devialet Phantom I speakers which simply do not want to connect to either AirPlay or Bluetooth and play my music.

I've been trying a couple of servers on my NAS (MinimServer and Serviio) to see if they make any difference in how the Phantoms play back on uPnP... seems that I was just wasting my time.  If anything, since the upgrade to new firmware yesterday (2.14.4), things have got worse... much worse.

I'm now in the situation of not being able to use the two-speaker system at all as it's just not being recognised.

Someone from Devialet Support suggested that he call me on Monday - he never did, choosing to suggest the 'remedy' of putting both speakers on 5GHz instead of the router's default of 2.4GHz.  This didn't work, and I spent two or three hours trying other ideas that I myself came up with.

None worked (of course) so, after spending a ridiculous number of hours attempting to get music from the Devialets I finally gave up and resorted to my tried & trusty SONOS system which has never, ever failed me.

What a waste of money & time (especially time). The hours I have devoted to remedying the Phantoms have now become incalculable; I seem to have spent more of the past seven days since I acquired them, trying to solve problem after problem after problem. Ye gods... I should have just stuck to my Bang & Olufsen and SONOS systems.

(20-Jan-2022, 13:23)intrigued Wrote: I use Audirvana and Airfoil for my streaming.  I acquired two Phantom I speakers two days' ago but neither of these programs recognise them. However, the speakers are strangely recognised by mConnect Lite (that is the only app which recognises the Phantoms). I've restarted my Mac laptop but nothing has changed.

Please advise with any ideas how to get Audirvana & Airfoil to recognise my new speakers.  Thanks for your time.

Strange, Audirvana-to-Phantoms is working fine for me.  In Audirvana I just click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of the screen, click on Ethernet or Wifi and my Phantoms show up within a second or two.  Needless to say they have to be connected to and visible on the same IP network which I'm sure you knew, but I have to mention it as that is the only reason I can think of why it might not be working for you.  For instance if either Phantoms or your laptop are connected to a "guest" Wi-Fi network that allows connections out to the internet but not peer-to-peer connections to other local clients.

The only thing I can think of to help diagnose this is to download UPnP Analyzer from the Mac app store (iirc it is free).  This will allow you to check that your Mac (which is I presume where you are running Audirvana?) can see the Phantoms and you will see that they are advertising themselves correctly as media renderers via UPnP.