Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Devialet partner with Sky!
(27-Jul-2017, 13:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-Jul-2017, 12:54)thumb5 Wrote:  I'm quite happy with that so long as it doesn't impinge on support of the Expert series - and Phantom, of course, if I owned some.

Which, based on the 'silent' Expert era throughout Phantom rollout, I'd say is an unlikely outcome. Would the streamerboard and odA upgrades have been so late in the year if it weren't for this new box?  Very unlikely I'd say.

Once these things start to roll out and eat support time with updates and bug-'fixing', I'm pretty sure we'll see another void in Expert development. Purely based on past performance. Devialet may of course have changed and expanded the company to cover the new areas and put processes in place to keep all lines moving at once, but I'll reserve judgement on that until I see it. Remember, we're still waiting for that promised 'better area for communication on the website' to materialise.

I'm afraid I agree with you on that.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(27-Jul-2017, 13:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-Jul-2017, 12:54)thumb5 Wrote:  I'm quite happy with that so long as it doesn't impinge on support of the Expert series - and Phantom, of course, if I owned some.

Which, based on the 'silent' Expert era throughout Phantom rollout, I'd say is an unlikely outcome. Would the streamerboard and odA upgrades have been so late in the year if it weren't for this new box?  Very unlikely I'd say.

Once these things start to roll out and eat support time with updates and bug-'fixing', I'm pretty sure we'll see another void in Expert development. Purely based on past performance. Devialet may of course have changed and expanded the company to cover the new areas and put processes in place to keep all lines moving at once, but I'll reserve judgement on that until I see it. Remember, we're still waiting for that promised 'better area for communication on the website' to materialise.
To be fair on Devialet, let's not forget that a technology like SAM was developed for the phantom and the experts benefited from it even before the phantom was released. 

So I'm hopeful that the larger ecosystem that Devialet can build, the more beneficial it will be to its entire line of products. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I did not know "..Sky, Europe’s leading entertainment company.." What is Sky? What kind of entertainment?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(27-Jul-2017, 15:14)ogs Wrote: I did not know "..Sky, Europe’s leading entertainment company.." What is Sky? What kind of entertainment?

This one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_plc
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hello, here is the link to Sky!

http://www.sky.com/shop/skysoundbox/?DCM..._sound_box
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Aha, television. Thanks! That is why I didn't know. We ditched the TV many years ago... entertainment? Deception, controlled by the wrong people. Just like the music industry...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Designed by Devialet but production controlled by Sky in China. Seems that Devialet, to a certain extent, are emulating Naim's Muso, which is definitely not a sound-bar. It'll be interesting to read about comparisons. I do have a Muso which is attached to my Sky television to in one lounge. Good for music, bad for tv.
(27-Jul-2017, 14:07)Jean-Marie Wrote: To be fair on Devialet, let's not forget that a technology like SAM was developed for the phantom and the experts benefited from it even before the phantom was released. 

So I'm hopeful that the larger ecosystem that Devialet can build, the more beneficial it will be to its entire line of products. 

Jean-Marie

Viewing it from a Phantom home cinema perspective, the announcement of this box provides a tantalising sliver of hope.
Why? Because it includes an hdmi input/output; some Dolby decoding and control of 9 speakers.
Include that in another box with IP control of multi Phantoms, appropriate control software (including, if needed video/audio delay) and there should be many happy owners.

Doh! Sorry, got carried away there. Never happen.  Rolleyes
(27-Jul-2017, 12:23)Confused Wrote:
(27-Jul-2017, 11:59)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I honestly struggle to see how any high-end Devialet customer (or any for that matter) could get excited about this. Endorsing a Sky box seems pretty, er, desperate.

This is not a case of Devialet simply 'endorsing' a Sky box, according to the various links it features Devialet technology, for example:

'Devialet’s ground breaking acoustic technology, first developed for its critically acclaimed Phantom Speaker'

OK, very few technical details so far, but I'm guessing it is ADH powered?

My expectation would be not only ADH, but I would expect SAM and ICM.
I would also bet on magic wire DACs. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
https://www.whathifi.com/news/sky-and-de...x-soundbar
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)