Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet phantom gold
(19-Jun-2020, 13:49)Jason12345678 Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 12:08)ragwo Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 11:50)Jason12345678 Wrote: I am using Spotify but it might be the layout of my room causing the problem.
It’s a 12m*4m room and I’m placing my phantom about 3 m from left wall and 9m from right wall
Where's your listening position? How close to the wall behind the speakers are the speakers located?
The phantom is located just in front of the wall maybe 5 cm from the wall and I am on the other side of the room at the back maybe 4.5m away. There is a little side wall so the phantom basically has even distance from both side walls but the room is open in a rectangular shape . Maybe I need 2 phantoms to pressurise the room properly
I am a bit confused about the fact that people get one Phantom and expect it to match a pair of monitors in sound quality/pressure/energy. It´s like going after a pair of Bower & Wilkins 805 D3, but only get the left monitor :-). One of the main reasons for me hesitating going into the Devialet sphere was that (as a serious Audiophile coming from the lands of McIntosh and Martin Logan) I didn't want to be associated whit HIFI-beginners and house wife´s expecting  HIFI miracles from one solitary speaker. However, as a pair of golds just creates such a miracle I clearly entered.
Transducers: Martin Logan Electrostatic Master Series Impression 11 on Crystal Cable Special Series AC Cords 
Amplifier: Peachtree Nova 500 on Sine Nidas HC Power cord
Source: Tidal on PC I9-9900K 32GB RTX 2070 on Stealth Swift Power cord
Interconnects: Mytek USB Cord / Supra Cat 8 ethernet wire / Supra Speaker cables
In Ears: Sure SE846 / Empire LEGEND X

I'm in the Capital of Scandinavia, Stockholm
(16-Oct-2020, 14:45)The Knife Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 13:49)Jason12345678 Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 12:08)ragwo Wrote: Where's your listening position? How close to the wall behind the speakers are the speakers located?
The phantom is located just in front of the wall maybe 5 cm from the wall and I am on the other side of the room at the back maybe 4.5m away. There is a little side wall so the phantom basically has even distance from both side walls but the room is open in a rectangular shape . Maybe I need 2 phantoms to pressurise the room properly
I am a bit confused about the fact that people get one Phantom and expect it to match a pair of monitors in sound quality/pressure/energy. It´s like going after a pair of Bower & Wilkins 805 D3, but only get the left monitor :-). One of the main reasons for me hesitating going into the Devialet sphere was that (as a serious Audiophile coming from the lands of McIntosh and Martin Logan) I didn't want to be associated whit HIFI-beginners and house wife´s expecting  HIFI miracles from one solitary speaker. However, as a pair of golds just creates such a miracle I clearly entered.

Congrats! Reading the specs in a white paper in December 2014 I became one of the first purchasers of a Phantom Silver pair in early spring 2015 and upgraded to the Golds end of 2016. Still, they spread incredible SQ I enjoy daily.
(16-Oct-2020, 20:50)streamy Wrote:
(16-Oct-2020, 14:45)The Knife Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 13:49)Jason12345678 Wrote: The phantom is located just in front of the wall maybe 5 cm from the wall and I am on the other side of the room at the back maybe 4.5m away. There is a little side wall so the phantom basically has even distance from both side walls but the room is open in a rectangular shape . Maybe I need 2 phantoms to pressurise the room properly

Congrats! Reading the specs in a white paper in December 2014 I became one of the first purchasers of a Phantom Silver pair in early spring 2015 and upgraded to the Golds end of 2016. Still, they spread incredible SQ I enjoy daily.

Cool! Early adopter :-). Have you let them go a round or two against competition since? I wonder what in the world of monitors that could come close...?
Transducers: Martin Logan Electrostatic Master Series Impression 11 on Crystal Cable Special Series AC Cords 
Interconnects: Mytek USB Cord / Supra Cat 8 ethernet wire / Supra Speaker cables

(16-Oct-2020, 21:38)The Knife Wrote:
(16-Oct-2020, 20:50)streamy Wrote:
(16-Oct-2020, 14:45)The Knife Wrote: I am a bit confused about the fact that people get one Phantom and expect it to match a pair of monitors in sound quality/pressure/energy. It´s like going after a pair of Bower & Wilkins 805 D3, but only get the left monitor :-). One of the main reasons for me hesitating going into the Devialet sphere was that (as a serious Audiophile coming from the lands of McIntosh and Martin Logan) I didn't want to be associated whit HIFI-beginners and house wife´s expecting  HIFI miracles from one solitary speaker. However, as a pair of golds just creates such a miracle I clearly entered.

Cool! Early adopter :-). Have you let them go a round or two against competition since? I wonder what in the world of monitors that could come close...?

Kii Three is better in my opinion, but they're quite expensive compared to Phantom Gold. For the price, Phantom Gold is almost unbeatable.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Word. I have not listened to them but my local Devialet dealer has them so I will for reference. As you say: they are 2x price, do.