Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2018 (The 2018 Devialet Almanac)
It's good to see a few late entries to this thread, although a time limit needs to be set. Obviously, we cannot have 2018 predictions as we progress all the way through 2018. We are at the end of January now, one month has gone, but I would say it would be reasonable to allow one last week for predictions, lets say we close at the end of the day Sunday 4th February.

I am a little worried by @Hifi_swlon's prediction 1. I am having logical conflicts here, almost certainly Devialet will disappoint Hifi_swlon this year, but if this is what he expects, then they will meet his expectations, by simply not meeting his expectations once again..... Ummm, must stop rationalising this one....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(29-Jan-2018, 13:48)Confused Wrote: I am a little worried by @Hifi_swlon's prediction 1.  I am having logical conflicts here, almost certainly Devialet will disappoint Hifi_swlon this year, but if this is what he expects, then they will meet his expectations, by simply not meeting his expectations once again.....   Ummm, must stop rationalising this one....

That's confusing  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
OK - Big news!  In post #21 above I advised that that the thread would be closed to new predictions in a few days.  Then today, we get the first new Devialet product announcement for the year, the Louis Vuitton DJ Trunk! Smile Confused  I had to check back through the predictions with great care, but no, nobody correctly predicted a Louis Vuitton DJ Trunk as a new product for the year.  Well done Devialet!  The old adage 'one thing predictable about Devialet is that they are hard to predict', appears to be holding true.  

https://eu.louisvuitton.com/eng-e1/artic...e-dj-trunk
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Correct Link: https://eu.louisvuitton.com/eng-e1/artic...e-dj-trunk
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
I'm a bit late with this one, but it's time for the super exciting Q1 update, here we go!

Nothing of note happened in Q1.  Not that I am aware of anyway.  Even that silly DJ trunk thing actually came out in 2017 but nobody noticed.  Huh

If anyone can think of anything, please chime in. Shy
First quarter is all but over, and I see nothing that negates anything I said in my original post (#3)

RAAT my browneye. It will never happen.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
2nd quarters over too. Guess any Oxford Audio event revelations may make q3 more interesting.

Looks like one of guillaume’s will turn out to be close.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(17-Mar-2018, 15:10)Zappydev Wrote: First quarter is all but over, and I see nothing that negates anything I said in my original post (#3)

RAAT my browneye. It will never happen.

Hang on... I saw a working prototype of RAAT at Munich. Ok there was still a lot of work to do but they have committed to this. My guess is that we are looking at a few more months. Perhaps they will have a much better idea now.

Airplay certification was a tricky one and they have managed to deliver this. No reason why they can't deliver RAAT.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(05-Jul-2018, 18:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote: 2nd quarters over too. Guess any Oxford Audio event revelations may make q3 more interesting.

Looks like one of guillaume’s will turn out to be close.

Which one?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Time for a Q2 update, half the year has gone and finally we have something of note to report. Also, something significant has happened in the first week of Q3!

The big news for Q2 has been the changes in Devialet management and corporate structure.

First, a change in CEO. Founder Quentin Sannie steps down to be replaced by Franck Lebouchard. It occurs to me that Mr Sannie was not the most popular man around these parts, mainly due to the issues with AIR, his woeful efforts in communicating and his "Love is in the AIR" initiative. No Love Lost for Mr Sannie (in the AIR) perhaps. However, we should all remember that without Mr Sannie there would be no Devialet, things are never black and white in this world. I know very little about Franck Lebouchard, but from what I do know it would appear that he is a money man, so I am guessing he will be guiding things financially and leaving the technical innovation stuff to others. Time will tell how this works out, but in principle, it makes sense to me.

Second, we now have the Expert "Core Team" being headed up by Joachim Fritsch, followed by an Expert "Extended Team". Personally, I am very pleased to see Mathieu Pernot in the former and Jaohan Yang in the latter. I have great respect for Mathieu, and I give top marks for bravery to Jaohan, who is to date the only known member of the Devialet team brave enough to post on this forum. Although I think it was only one post, maybe he had his fingers broken by Quentin afterwards and decided not to post again, who knows?

In other news, the CI board software has been creeping along towards stability, and many beta versions have morphed into a proper release. It is not 100% there yet, but at least progress is viable. Also, I would subjectively say that the through the recent firmware updates, the CI equipped Pro is sounding better than ever. I know we all like a good gripe and moan, but if sound quality is important to you, this is possibly the best news of the lot.

Plus, there have been some mumblings recently regarding MQA not being compatible with Devialet's ADH architecture. What anyone thinks about that probably depends on your view regarding MQA itself.

That is about it for Q2 I think, but Q3 started with the announcement of the 140 Pro and 210 Pro Dual Mono. The 140 Pro makes perfect sense as a firmware update of the 130 Pro, the 210 pro is a little harder to understand, if it is simply a bridged 140, it should be producing considerably more power, and I mean a lot more power! So it remains to be seen if this is clarified and if there are any implications for the rest of the range.

I am not sure if I have missed anything? Have a happy Q3 everyone!