Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac)
Hello everybody,

just wanted to share with you an information grabbed on the Devialet booth at the last Paris Audio Video show: A new release of Devialet OS for Phantom premier would be GA on the 4th of november. A convergence on DOS with all the Devialet Products (Expert included), should come around mid 2020.
Thanks - but got the same info from Devialet just with anything about 6-9 months earlier Smile)
Well actually it‘s the same every few quarters.
The app and another firmware update will come 2020 but even Devialet doesn’t know when.
I'm on the DOS2 beta. Talk of November 4th as a public launch date for the Phantom Premier upgrade seems spot on.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
Yes for Phantom finally ok, but Expert line is a different story
Halo Product? what is that?
(29-Oct-2019, 16:35)markush Wrote: Yes for Phantom finally ok, but Expert line is a different story

The Expert line seems abandoned by DEVIALET: this year they released a single firmware with major bugs, the configurator still has major bugs (for a long time). Very disappointing ...
My expectations for 2019 + 2020: nonexistent.
My hope for 2020: someone to break the configurator code and make public an alternative functional configurator. Smile
I Think you have Right , it is not much we expert owners. Hear from devialet , there is something wrong about ther Way too tell us about ney app , ney firmware and so and so, Why devialet Don,t, Show more interesse for all of us who have expert Line , Devialet Wake Up.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
I recently bought a Gryphon Diablo 300 with a DAC module. My Devialet 400 will be traded in for a streamer. So I guess I’m about to leave Devialet as brand after many years. Feels a bit weird to be honest and I probably hadn’t decided on this if it wasn’t for the way things have been handled by Devialet the last 3-4 years.

Devialet needs to pull off something new and radical very soon in the high end segment or end up completely losing both its existing market share and the customers confidence in the brand.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(05-Nov-2019, 22:44)MightyMart Wrote: I recently bought a Gryphon Diablo 300 with a DAC module. My Devialet 400 will be traded in for a streamer. So I guess I’m about to leave Devialet as brand after many years. Feels a bit weird to be honest and I probably hadn’t decided on this if it wasn’t for the way things have been handled by Devialet the last 3-4 years.

Devialet needs to pull off something new and radical very soon in the high end segment or end up completely losing both its existing market share and the customers confidence in the brand.
@MightyMart  I have been looking at the Gryphon Diablo 300 as well, both for use with vinyl and of course I would need to either buy an external DAC for use with it or purchase the internal DAC module. How do you like it? How does it compare or seem to compare with your 400?

I haven't had a chance to try the Diablo 300, I currently have the 440 Pro.

Sad to say, I am considering one for the same reason. There is much I love about the 440 Pro, don't get me wrong...
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Devialet has had something quite special with it's Expert & more recent Expert Pro CI integrated amps. But their hit-or-miss support, lack of communication and painfully slow bug fixing does not bode well for customer retention, particularly given the quality of the competition they're now facing. I sincerely want to see them turn it around but my confidence is waning a bit.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA