Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Devialet's newest technology...?
http://www.tuxboard.com/devialet-phantom-sound-center/

[Image: Prix-Sound-Center-Phantom-et-Silver-Phantom.jpg]

[Image: Devialet-Phantom-caracteristiques.png]

so, a round speaker with ADH and streaming capabilities... Didn't someone guess that already?
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(16-Dec-2014, 09:16)PhilP Wrote: 10:07 Paris time and nothing at my place has imploded so far...

Smile Thankfully true for me too.

Strangely, the down-counter on the phantomrising page is still running, suggesting either that something else is happening at midnight, or someone forgot to reset it when the 10:00 am announcement was made...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Well, they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Actually some of the earlier guesses weren't that far off - 3000W output is about the same as that of a air heater...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Apparently a completely stand-alone system? (No integration with existing Devialet equipment, as far as I can see, although it uses some of the same underlying engineering technology. Specifically, no mention of AIR.)

[edit] Not quite, I see there's a Toslink input.

At that money, I wonder who it's aimed at. I doubt Sonos are going to lose sleep.
Warwickshire, UK
Hmmm.. No connector for iDevices and no mention of UPnP or DLNA. I'm not sure what the 'Spark' application is - do they mean Apache Spark?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Spark could be phantomAIR...
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I'd assumed Spark was some kind of control application to select what music was playing on what speaker(s).
Warwickshire, UK
But what does it sound like ...... ?
TBH I'm totally unimpressed, a very predictable "new" device. I really don't care what it sounds like. I think this phantom-egg is as ugly as the Devialets are beautiful. I really do hope this will be a big seller for Devialet, but it's not for me.

The Netherlands
Hmm, their countdown doesn't quite seem to be in sync with the actual release which appears to be happening around about now.