Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Devialet's newest technology...?
(16-Dec-2014, 19:25)Confused Wrote:
(16-Dec-2014, 18:45)NickB Wrote:
(16-Dec-2014, 16:15)Confused Wrote:
(16-Dec-2014, 16:03)Divasson Wrote: Accessible from your smartphone, tablet or computer, DIALOG is compatible with all Devialet products*.

* equipped with a USB input, to begin with.

I actually find this a little disappointing. I think it would be excellent if the new Dialog device would work with AIR / Ethernet, thus ensuring good sound quality, even from a relatively low cost device. I know some people have obtained some good results from USB, so time will tell as to what Dialog is like sound quality wise.

Why it only says USB only TO BEGIN WITH so they obviously mean to add the rest later. ???????????

I really don't understand the continual negativity on this forum, you have one of arguably the best sounding Audio systems about but continually carp about stuff which on any other system you would not have anyway.

Nick

This wasn't actually intended to be super negative! But to be honest, I am genuinely disappointed that there is no mention of the AIR interface. AIR is supposed to be Devialet’s flagship method for computer audio / amplifier interface with respect to sound quality, I guess for a while I have been thinking that if there was some kind of “non-computer” type streaming device that could utilise AIR then that would be superb. If we are to infer that the “to begin with” means AIR implementation will follow, why don’t they say so? Maybe the USB interface is optimised to achieve AIR levels of sound quality, if so, again, why not just a few word with respect to sound quality? That’s all I ask.

Oh dear…. Responding to this appears to be making me sound more negative.

To be clear I am actually a super happy Devialet owner. Apologies for any offence caused. I’ll try to keep comments positive from now on!
Shy

Hi

Sorry my over reaction as well I am super happy with my Devialet - so much so that I bought the extra 200 for a 400 and as I am in the IT business I know that intermittent faults are the worst to fix. Therefore I kind of tend to give them more leeway.

I think that possibly this may be the answer (Dialog) to all the "problems" with the Devialet as it may allow is to use it as a bridge to many different digital inputs, I do hope so anyway.

Once again sorry for jumping in so quickly.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
So, new system have wifi 5Ghz... They could have thought about this when they did the d-premier upgrade.
I am quite disappointed.

M
I was sent the white paper as well in response to a request for information about the connections...a lot of interesting material in there especially regarding the design principals of the Phantom. Details on Spark and Dialog are few but exciting prospects seem to be on the horizon.

I will definitely demo a dual Phantom setup....Dialog is a no brainer, i'll probably get one regardless.

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
The White paper that Devialet is hugely impressive. I'm sorry but I have no way of posting the whole thing and I can't see it on their web-site yet. No doubt it will appear soon.

They run through all the technologies used in Phantom: SAM, MAgicWire, ADH plus the new one - HBI Heart Bass Implosion and explain how they've engineered all this into one small box.

The downscaling of ADH into a 1cm square chip is particularly impressive!

Will post more when I'm on a proper computer.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
+1

It certainly is impressive technology...we'll have to see how it sounds but there has been some pretty high praise by those who have heard it.

I just sent a Phantom demo request (and intent to purchase a Dialog) to my local dealer.

I'll let you all know how it goes! Smile

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
I asked my dealer when it will be available in Brazil, and she said it will be by June, I might go to Paris or USA and buy it before that.

She also said she heard it when last in France and told me it is amazing.
Surely the announcement of the Dialog must be the highlight of the day for most of us?

Time to start a new "Dialog" thread I think!
http://www.gizmodo.fr/2014/12/16/avec-le...hi-fi.html
http://www.cnetfrance.fr/produits/devial...811439.htm
http://www.challenges.fr/high-tech/20141...-bose.html
http://www.w3sh.com/2014/12/16/phantom-l...-devialet/
http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.ph...tics-first
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

Any information on who produced the speaker drivers? I wonder whether it's Thierry Comte of Atohm who was the first speaker designer that Devialet worked with on the Atohm GT1 SAM application. He makes custom drivers so it's plausible...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
In one video in French in gizmodo.fr, Mr. Calmel refers to the old products as "la game Expert", so that's the Expert line we have read elsewhere.
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable