Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet to exhibit at AXPONA in Chicago
Although I have moved on from my Devialet 220, I am still interested in the company.  I plan to attend AXPONA in Chicago next week (Friday through Sunday) and saw that Devialet will be in room 1633.  I will see what they are displaying and ask about any plans for Expert software development and any new products in the Expert range.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Thank you.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
(18-Apr-2022, 21:54)Flashman Wrote: Although I have moved on from my Devialet 220, I am still interested in the company.  I plan to attend AXPONA in Chicago next week (Friday through Sunday) and saw that Devialet will be in room 1633.  I will see what they are displaying and ask about any plans for Expert software development and any new products in the Expert range.

Thank you Michael!  I would love to hear anything they have to say about Expert Pro futures, new firmware and any updates planned for the online Configurator.  But I suspect their exhibit will be primarily focused on Phantoms and the new Dione.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
@mdconnelly - It looks like your suspicions have proved to be accurate:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/devi...-sound-bar

(EDIT: looking at the photographs in the above linked article, I note there is a kind of out of context Expert remote lurking there, maybe the Expert is not entirely dead in Devialet's thoughts....?)

There is an AXPONA thread on AS at the moment, the comment below from Rajiv Arora interested me. Considering that Rajiv is pretty much the dictionary definition of a hard core audiophile, this could be considered high praise for a soundbar:

That said, there were some standouts:

The Doshi / Joseph Audio rooms sounded really nice
Check out the Innuos demo on the 6th floor, comparing the Statement server with and without the PSU upgrade (which incorporates @Nenon's ARC6). If you have not yet experienced how important a PSU is to a music server, this demo will answer that.
The MBL room was impressive
The Devialet Dione 5.1.2 Atmos soundbar (of all things) was quite a pleasant surprise!
The Bayz Audio speakers were intriguing, but I wasn't blown away. This room features the Taiko Extreme server.
Vinnie Rossi Brama integrated driving QLN speakers was also very nice, but the small room forced Vinnie into more of a midfield setup, which was a challenge.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(24-Apr-2022, 09:50)Confused Wrote: @mdconnelly - It looks like your suspicions have proved to be accurate:

(EDIT: looking at the photographs in the above linked article, I note there is a kind of out of context Expert remote lurking there, maybe the Expert is not entirely dead in Devialet's thoughts....?)

My fear is that the Expert Pros are considered legacy.   Don't get me wrong, I think they continue to sound amazing, but there are issues that Devialet has seemingly abandoned.   #1 concern is the bugs in the Configurator - particularly for dual mono setups - that have been ignored.  Ever wonder what will happen if the online configurator simply disappears?  As far as I know, there is no way to edit, update or generate new configurations for Expert Pros without the online configurator.   The other curiosity is whether there is any future to Devialet's Sweet Room.  When they first announced it, it seemed more like things to come.  Now not so much.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(24-Apr-2022, 17:45)mdconnelly Wrote:
(24-Apr-2022, 09:50)Confused Wrote: @mdconnelly - It looks like your suspicions have proved to be accurate:

My fear is that the Expert Pros are considered legacy.   Don't get me wrong, I think they continue to sound amazing, but there are issues that Devialet has seemingly abandoned.   #1 concern is the bugs in the Configurator - particularly for dual mono setups - that have been ignored.  Ever wonder what will happen if the online configurator simply disappears?  As far as I know, there is no way to edit, update or generate new configurations for Expert Pros without the online configurator.   The other curiosity is whether there is any future to Devialet's Sweet Room.  When they first announced it, it seemed more like things to come.  Now not so much.

Whilst you bring up good points, my recent experience with Devialet was excellent across the board. I sent in a D-Premier back for upgrade to a 250 Pro with CI.  The process was smooth and professional all the way.  Turnaround time was slightly less than four weeks door to door.  Communications were outstanding throughout,  was very pleased with the customer service provided.  

I'm very glad they still offer the upgrade option.  To me, the upgrade was well worth it. The sonic improvements and streaming options are well worth it, IMHO.  So, let's hope Devialet continues to provide support to the Expert community.   I would think it's in their best interest to do so. 

The single D 250 Pro sounds better (to me), than the D-Premier mono setup I had before.  The power supply in the 250 Pro does an amazing job with transients experienced when listening to classical music.  This is where I hear a difference between the 220 Pro and the 250 Pro.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
(18-Apr-2022, 21:54)Flashman Wrote: Although I have moved on from my Devialet 220, I am still interested in the company.  I plan to attend AXPONA in Chicago next week (Friday through Sunday) and saw that Devialet will be in room 1633.  I will see what they are displaying and ask about any plans for Expert software development and any new products in the Expert range.

As mentioned, I attended AXPONA 2022 last week and took the opportunity to speak with a Devialet rep from New York City about the future of the Expert Pro line.  Interestingly, there was a Devialet Expert Pro 220 in the room, which had connections to it, but during the time I was in the room all that was played was the new soundbar and some Phantoms in dual mono.

Without explicitly saying that Expert Pro was a legacy product, the Devialet rep indicated that was probably the case.  He said that Devialet had dropped all the Expert Pro prices and were selling them at cost.

Regarding the Configurator, he confirmed that it will always be modified via the SD card due to the way the Expert Pro series was set up. 

As for bug fixes, he said Mathieu would be best source of information.

I really loved my two Devialet products when I had them and hope for the best for all of you!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(29-Apr-2022, 21:32)Flashman Wrote: Without explicitly saying that Expert Pro was a legacy product, the Devialet rep indicated that was probably the case.  He said that Devialet had dropped all the Expert Pro prices and were selling them at cost.

When I saw this, I rushed to the Devialet website to get a cut price 1000pro but the prices are still the same, at least here in the UK. They have recently changed the casing to a different finish which doesn't strike me as something they would do if the product was end of line but who knows. A few months ago my dealer reckoned that something new was coming on the Expert line but I haven't heard anything since.
Thank you for this information.
Unfortunately, the news is not good for Expert owners...
Thank you for the update @Flashman
Sad to see this once pioneering product range got abandoned that much.
There is also no Devialet at the High End this year in Munich.
And Mathieu hasn’t replied to any emails at all for some time too Undecided