Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet to sponsor 2016 Renault F1 team
So you reckon that you have laser cat hearing that can spot the difference between cables?

Well, you'd need very good eyesight too to spot the Devialet logo on this baby as it passes you at 200mph:

http://media.f1i.com/seasons/9368-renaul...1-livree-7

Rumors that Renault F1 plan to use Devialet AIR technology for car to pit data transmissions may prove to be unfounded.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
From the 'net:

Infiniti, the premium car brand of Japanese automotive manufacturer Nissan that previously backed Red Bull Racing, will have branding space on Renault’s car alongside former Lotus partners Microsoft and EMC, and French oil and gas giant Total.

Unveiling their 2016 entry at the Renault Technocentre in Guyancourt, France this week, Renault Sport F1 also announced new partnerships with watch supplier Bell & Ross, audio systems company Devialet and clothing company Jack & Jones.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
The livery is not definitive yet (the car wearing it isn't even this year's one, it's a repainted 2015 Lotus E23 Hybrid) so Devialet's logo could end up in a different place.

Maybe Renault and Devialet are planning to introduce Devialet stuff in their cars (I think that they currently use Bose), like:
  • Bang & Olufsen in Audis, Aston Martins and BMW,
  • Bowers & Wilkins with BMW, McLaren and Volvo,
  • Burmester with Mercedes-Benz and Porsche,
  • Dynaudio with Bugatti and Volkswagen (as well as the laptop I am using right now),
  • Meridian with Jaguars and Land Rovers, ...
  • Naim with Bentley

I might be missing a few brands though.
Megalomania. Next up: a Devialet brand of clothes and perfume or their own soccer stadium?

They can't even hire enough decent software engineers.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Is Frank going back to work?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(04-Feb-2016, 19:53)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Is Frank going back to work?

Very observant - that made me laugh!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Love F1, but wished Devialet spent this money involved on development, getting air to work flawlessly etcetera.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(05-Feb-2016, 11:37)kerkhoffd Wrote: Love F1, but wished Devialet spent this money involved on development, getting air to work flawlessly etcetera.

I must admit that this was exactly my reaction to this news.  I guess that you need to consider that the idea is that Devialet get some kind of association with F1, this yields many commercial benefits and makes even more money for Devialet.  I like many of us would like this lovely new cash to then be spent on some decent software guys to sort out Devialet's many issues.

I wonder how much a little Devialet sticker costs when it's stuck on the side pod of a mid grid F1 car?
According to an interview of Quentin Sannié to french newspaper "le parisien", Devialet wants to equip cars before end of this year. Renault could well be a partner for them. Next year to equip televisions....

quote:"Ce dernier devrait équiper des voitures avant la fin de l'année, avance le directeur général.
Le son Devialet devrait ensuite être intégré dans des téléviseurs, "sans doute l'année prochaine". "Car le son, c'est super important dans un film!"
on www.leparisien.fr/flash-actualite-economie/high-tech-devialet-veut-conquerir-le-marche-mondial-du-son-23-02-2016-5570629.php
Much excitement this morning.....

Up early to watch the first F1 qualifying session of the season.  Normally this would be excitement enough, but today there was the almost unbearable extra excitement of seeing a Devialet sponsored Renault flying 'round the track.  How would the new Devialet logoed car look on screen?  Fabulous is the answer.

Screen shots below......