Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet upgrading (bad) policy
(11-Aug-2016, 11:52)cesri Wrote: https://www.hifidiprinzio.it/it/Amplific...t-400.html

It is in italian but with google translate it is possibile to understand.

It IS a bargain!
On the other hand Devialet wasn't really honest in the past either. They sold a D200 with the argument that IF you wanted to go double mono, one had no choice but to buy a D200. And not a D120. I am still saving up for my second D200, and could have saved quite a lot of money if I had known then that a D120 could now be upgraded to a D220 Pro for the same money as my D200.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(11-Aug-2016, 17:20)kerkhoffd Wrote: On the other hand Devialet wasn't really honest in the past either. They sold a D200 with the argument that IF you wanted to go double mono, one had no choice but to buy a D200. And not a D120. I am still saving up for my second D200, and could have saved quite a lot of money if I had known then that a D120 could now be upgraded to a D220 Pro for the same money as my D200.

How long ago did you buy your D200? as the Pro models and upgrade opportunity only came about this year.

Not sure how buying a 120 then upgrading both 120 and 200 to D220 Pro would be cheaper than buying 1 D200 for dual mono.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
You misunderstood I think Nick. If it would have been clear from the start a D120 could be upgraded to a D220 and to the double mono configuration I might have bought that one. Would have saved me €2000 for one and €4000 for two D120's. Upgrade to D440 Pro would have been covered with the price difference, leaving me with a D440 Pro for the same money I will now have spent on a D400. I bought my D200 for Christmas last year (2015) by the way and just about ready for a second one.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
From what point do you think this knowledge was available to Devialet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
The upgrade policy is not fair for the early adopters who have upgraded their original D-Premier to V5 D250. The V6 upgrade cost is the same for D-Premier & D250 V5; however, the total sunk cost for people who upgraded to V5 is about 2X higher than D-Premier, and there's no power increase for the V5 D250.
Life's not fair, get used to it. As someone in the computer industry once said. I am fed up with the whinging and moaning on this forum. Not sure what you are all expecting from this industry, if you want to get something for nothing try not buying expensive toys !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

(12-Aug-2016, 03:05)Saint0 Wrote: The upgrade policy is not fair for the early adopters who have upgraded their original D-Premier to V5 D250. The V6 upgrade cost is the same for D-Premier & D250 V5; however, the total sunk cost for people who upgraded to V5 is about 2X higher than D-Premier, and there's no power increase for the V5 D250.

With the upgrade of my D-Premier to the 250 I got:

Ethernet additional to WIFI - which I use.
Better phono stage - which I use.
USB input and output - which I use for digitizing Reel-to-Reel tapes and Records at the moment.
SAM - which I even can use for my rare B&W Siganture Diamonds.
More output power, better sound quality.

So what are you complaining about? If you do not use any of this features the 250 got and the D-Premier did not have then the question is: why did you buy the upgrade.

An example:
My friend an I buy both the same racing bicycle. After three years I change some components of the bike with better (lighter) ones.
My friend does not change anything on his bike.
Then after another tree years I uprade again the components as there are even better ones available and this time my friend does the same.
Now we have the same upgraded bikes but I have invested more into my bike than my friend.
But can I complain about that?

Only my thaughts about this topic.
Yes I love the upgrade I had done with the D premier to the 250. Got no issue with it except that I have only had that upgrade done in April 2016. So you can say I'm a bit put off that they did not inform me of the impending change to the Expert line.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less
Hello cesri,

you are in Italy?

I will go with a Devialet D200. Now more dealers selll the "demo" or last piece available in the magazin for a good price (a D200 in place from 6990 for 4990 or similar...)

Make sense invest again today in a D200 (in my case) or will be better wait the new "pro line"?

is like write important how much the new pro serie sound "better" vs the "old" serie! before decide to do the upgrade or not.....but now Devialet is bigger and they have $$$$ = like all other brands the price goes up!!!!! marketing...... Or???

thank you for your reply.