Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet upgrading (bad) policy
Will AIR stil work in an upgraded devialet without the streaming board? I have a working air setup streaming via Roon and it would be a show stopper if that didn't work anymore
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Think nobody knows yet.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(02-Sep-2016, 18:29)iamwappie Wrote: Will AIR stil work in an upgraded devialet without the streaming board? I have a working air setup streaming via Roon and it would be a show stopper if that didn't work anymore

Yes AIR will still work.  This topic was raised at the Oxford Audio launch event, there was much discussion about the new streamer board.  In one discussion someone asked if AIR was being dropped, the answer was clear, AIR will continue as a feature.

Anyway, don't take my word for it, you can look at the Pro range on Devialet's website, AIR is still shown as a feature and is listed in the specifications.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(02-Sep-2016, 21:47)Confused Wrote:
(02-Sep-2016, 18:29)iamwappie Wrote: Will AIR stil work in an upgraded devialet without the streaming board? I have a working air setup streaming via Roon and it would be a show stopper if that didn't work anymore

Yes AIR will still work.  This topic was raised at the Oxford Audio launch event, there was much discussion about the new streamer board.  In one discussion someone asked if AIR was being dropped, the answer was clear, AIR will continue as a feature.

Anyway, don't take my word for it, you can look at the Pro range on Devialet's website, AIR is still shown as a feature and is listed in the specifications.

I can confirm that we have used Air on our 1000 Pro and it works just fine.
not sure what their strategy regarding AIR is, but it gives me the best SQ among other options !
I hope they can make it stable once forever.

I sometimes feel like without AIR I will not purchase Devialet, as in this case it be omes comparable to other units I tried..
(03-Sep-2016, 17:15)johnsap Wrote: not sure what their strategy regarding AIR is, but it gives me the best SQ among other options !
I hope they can make it stable once forever.

I sometimes feel like without AIR I will not purchase Devialet, as in this case it be omes comparable to other units I tried..

Thanks all for confirming. Now I can do the upgrade with my mind at ease :-)
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(02-Sep-2016, 14:59)octaviars Wrote:
(02-Sep-2016, 13:00)mdconnelly Wrote: Where I feel pressured is this upgrade window.   Having purchased my 200 in 2016, I understand that I will be eligible for a discounted upgrade (although I've yet to get an actual confirmed cost in US $$ from Devialet or my dealer) but have been told by Dev support that it must be done by December 2016 to get the discount.

Will I upgrade?  If the feedback by December is highly favorable (which I suspect it will be) and there are no glitches in the product or process, then I suspect I will.  But truth be known, I'm pretty damn happy with my 200 as is.

We have the prices confirmed in Sweden and if I look at the prices for a 400 and compare the prices between USA and Sweden the listprices in USA are about 10% higher in the USA and a 220 to 220PRO is 33500SEK (if it was bought in 2016) here and that gives 3900*1.1=4290$

So around 4300$ is my guess but that is perhaps totally wrong Confused

I got an email awhile back from Devialet indicating the full upgrade cost for a 200 was $4590 (US).    Unfortunately, I've not been able to get a price on the 2016 purchase discounted upgrade price.   Dev support indicated I would get an email to this effect once they are ready to upgrade Experts in the US.   

Time will tell I suppose.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA