Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet web interface
I just found in the web interface a point 5: Update. 
When you select this it opens a window "Update Devialet OS to a specific version" and you can select the files from your computer for upload. Has anyone tried this?
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(14-Oct-2020, 16:38)blair.athol Wrote: I just found in the web interface a point 5: Update. 
When you select this it opens a window "Update Devialet OS to a specific version" and you can select the files from your computer for upload. Has anyone tried this?

A few years ago, I asked Devialet if that's in use and they advice me to avoid to use it. I don't think anything has changed there.
(14-Oct-2020, 16:38)blair.athol Wrote: I just found in the web interface a point 5: Update. 

I don’t see how it could work if you have a dual-mono setup (e.g. 440, 1000) since you’d have to upload the OS (or firmware) files to each unit.

What Devialet needs is a UI platform to replace the online configurator as well as enable additional capability such as Sweet Room.   My guess is that this web interface was the start of that.  Hopefully not the end.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(14-Oct-2020, 18:36)mdconnelly Wrote:

I don’t see how it could work if you have a dual-mono setup (e.g. 440, 1000) since you’d have to upload the OS (or firmware) files to each unit.

What Devialet needs is a UI platform to replace the online configurator as well as enable additional capability such as Sweet Room.   My guess is that this web interface was the start of that.  Hopefully not the end.

Exactly, I have been begging for a LOCAL web interface into the unit in place of the silly SD card.

if you look at the Weiss 502, everything is assessible through the web interface.  You can set your room EQ in real time and see the results.

A room EQ that requires shutting down the system, remove SD card, text editing a file and booting the system back with the SD card just doesn't work for room EQ that requires experimentation.  You probably forget what you heard 15 minutes ago compared to now.

This should be a relatively simple change.  Devialet just never listens.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.