Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet weird sound
(14-Apr-2021, 18:11)Ebro Wrote:
(14-Apr-2021, 15:47)ragwo Wrote:
(14-Apr-2021, 14:06)Ebro Wrote: Should i be worried?
I have no idea this is bad for the speaker or not.
You can't damage the speaker, the DSP trickery prevents it.

so the full story is that i had my first phantom gold, that one did the same pof sound, after a few months there was a problem that sometimes the bass was completely gone. After i unplug the phantom an plug it back in it worked again. i had contact with devialet, they gave me a new one, i got the new one and it had the same pof sound after a few months the phantom shuts down if i play a movie with a lot of bass, i had contact with devialet again and they gave me a new one. that one did not make that sound, but i had it only for 3 weeks(i tested the movies with bass and it perform perfect) then i switched to the new matte ones in a stereo pair and now i have 1 with the pof sound but the performence is great. so i have no idea if it was just coincidence that the ones with a pof faild on me. i think i just had bad luck and it has nothing to do with the pof sound, bcs it would surpise me that it wil damage the speaker like u said the dsp prevents all damage.
Sorry, after reading the whole story I have no idea of what's going on. Does the pof sound occur in other situations? Have you tried to connect your TV to the other Phantom? Is the optical cable connected to the speaker with the noise?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(14-Apr-2021, 19:36)ragwo Wrote:
(14-Apr-2021, 18:11)Ebro Wrote:
(14-Apr-2021, 15:47)ragwo Wrote: You can't damage the speaker, the DSP trickery prevents it.

so the full story is that i had my first phantom gold, that one did the same pof sound, after a few months there was a problem that sometimes the bass was completely gone. After i unplug the phantom an plug it back in it worked again. i had contact with devialet, they gave me a new one, i got the new one and it had the same pof sound after a few months the phantom shuts down if i play a movie with a lot of bass, i had contact with devialet again and they gave me a new one. that one did not make that sound, but i had it only for 3 weeks(i tested the movies with bass and it perform perfect) then i switched to the new matte ones in a stereo pair and now i have 1 with the pof sound but the performence is great. so i have no idea if it was just coincidence that the ones with a pof faild on me. i think i just had bad luck and it has nothing to do with the pof sound, bcs it would surpise me that it wil damage the speaker like u said the dsp prevents all damage.
Sorry, after reading the whole story I have no idea of what's going on. Does the pof sound occur in other situations? Have you tried to connect your TV to the other Phantom? Is the optical cable connected to the speaker with the noise?
The pof sound only comes when the source in the app is aux/optical. When i play spotify with my phone and the tv is still on there is no sound when i turn it off bcs it is not getting sound from the optical, i am trying to find out if it is the left or the right that makes the sound, but when i am right in front of the tv waiting for the pof it doesn't do the pof, so its very hard to find out, it is very unpredictable. it is just so silly i sit there recording with my phone to capture the pof sound but nothing happens...  when i need to turn the tv of to go to work or something it makes the pof. if i can make a gues it sould be the one with the optical cable, bcs when i had just 1 phantom (with optical) it was making the sound. to switch the phantoms is a bit hard bcs i did a lot of cable management for the phantoms, so switching is hard but it is an option. If this is needed for your opinion i am happy to make the switch.
First i wil keep trying to capture the sound and find out if it is the one with the optical connection that makes te sound.
i think it would be strange that the pof does dammage.... Jacob (in this thread) also have the pof. I saw a video how devialet tests their phantoms before selling and its is tested very hard so i would be surprised that this is the 3th broken phantom that i received....
What if you remove the Toslink from the TV before you turn it off. Is the noise still there?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(15-Apr-2021, 09:15)ogs Wrote: What if you remove the Toslink from the TV before you turn it off. Is the noise still there?

No if there is no connection with the optical then there is no pof sound. The pof is only with optical connection and with the phantom in aux mode (so that the tv sound is going to the phantoms and not airplay or spotify)
OK. I was thinking that maybe the noise was triggered via power feed, but the noise is obviously coming via optical.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
New update: a ran some tests
The pof is comming from the speaker where there is no optical cable.
I changed the phanthoms from left to right and the pof is always from te right phantom so it is always the one dat has no optical.
Also i recorded the sound but i think i can't upload a video to the forum...
(I found how to trigger the pof. When i play netflix and play something for minimum 1 minute pauze it for 1 minute and then turn the tv off)

I think this was al the testing i can do and all te info i can give
I hope some of you can give me your opinion and thoughts.