Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet working on new AIR
Although I do recall Christmas 2014, when Devialet had a "White Christmas" related post on their Facebook page. I added a comment along the lines of "I'm dreaming of a White Noise Christmas", Devialet's response to this was to give my comment a "like", I think my slightly sarcastic comment was lost in translation.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Does Facebook reach anyone other than gossiping women? I deleted my account quite a few years ago. I got bitched at for a year after because certain individuals no longer knew what was going on in my life.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Oh great, another new topic about AIR, I lost count is it the 87th or 88th? This time it's even in the news section while there is no news.

Yeah yeah I know, just ignore them etc. etc.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
To be fair it is newsworthy, because they've told a customer they're pulling out all the stops and working flat out, round the clock, on a brand spanking new version of AIR. This is huge news. I literally can't wait! It might even come as soon as next week?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Ummmm..... I've just remembered that I bought a Dialog this time last year.......
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(22-Mar-2016, 21:01)Hifi_swlon Wrote: To be fair it is newsworthy, because they've told a customer they're pulling out all the stops and working flat out, round the clock, on a brand spanking new version of AIR. This is huge news. I literally can't wait! It might even come as soon as next week?

Sorry, bit grumpy today. But it's not news, old news at best.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2603

We've now recently heard news/rumours about:

- a Windows 10 optimized version of AIR
- Spark app compatibility
- a "new version" of AIR, whatever that means
- DLNA support in a new firmware
- Dialog compatibility
- an external fixture to be connected to the back of the Experts providing streaming services

It surely won't be all of this, and I may even be forgetting some of the things mentioned by users here, so I think it's best to just wait and see. (Personally I don't care what it is since I don't/won't use any of it. I didn't even had issues with AIR).
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(22-Mar-2016, 16:05)Dr Tone Wrote: I've started a Twitter campaign.  #AirIsAJoke hash tag.  If anyone else wants to spread the news, include @devialet and aforementioned hash tag along with some bitching!

https://twitter.com/OriginalDrTone/statu...6795476992

Will this find the percentage of people who have been unable to set Air up?
It took me a bit of tweaking to get working but has worked fine for me for over 4 years now.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(22-Mar-2016, 22:52)f1eng Wrote: Dr ToneI've started a Twitter campaign.  #AirIsAJoke hash tag.  If anyone else wants to spread the news, include @devialet and aforementioned hash tag along with some bitching!

https://twitter.com/OriginalDrTone/statu...6795476992

Will this find the percentage of people who have been unable to set Air up?
It took me a bit of tweaking to get working but has worked fine for me for over 4 years now.

I use Air Wi-Fi and Air Ethernet about one year before and Ethernet works fine (streaming from iMac) - but Wi-Fi sometimes drops.
But last year I completely disappointed! Maybe this is new firmwares problems - but I -=completely=-cannot use Air!

Wi-Fi drops after 5-10 min (its full drops - speakers is silent and helps only change inputs). Ethernet give white noise after 15-20 min. 

I try:
- write for help for tech support - nothing
- change main router - nothing
- change all ethernet cables - nothing
- buy Apple AirPort Extreme and place it in a 30 sm distance on Devialet
- disconnect Devialet 400 configuration and set Devialet 200 alone
Nothing! Air didn't works!
I'm angry? I'm mad! Smile

Use USB connection and Roon - it works fine - but where is my Air?
Way too late for me but it would be good to see Devialet fulfill a promise and to have a bulletproof option.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(22-Mar-2016, 13:14)mdconnelly Wrote: …..When I pressed about the future of AIR, the response is that they work on 6 month cycles and can't talk about futures.   
….

The 6 month cycle part just caught my eye…

So, was firmware 9.0.1 - the addition of the Od'A - in December 2015 count as the six month cycle?
Anyone know when the last actual update (non beta) to AIR was (for all 'current' operating systems)?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<