Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet working on new AIR
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...hite-noise-

AIR 1.4 Beta 4 is the last one I think.

The early replies below are from April 2015.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
I didn't put much weight on that 6 month cycle comment.    They didn't say specifically that AIR would be fixed within 6 months.   My impression from that statement and their recommendation to use USB was not to expect a fix to AIR any time soon.  But that's just me reading between very vague lines. Hopefully the comments in this thread are more revealing about AIR futures.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
The bullet-proof solution would be RAAT.

(Before anyone says that would mean having to purchase Roon, well quite honestly, Devialet should be throwing that in for free, not least as an appeasement to all who thought AIR was a worthy consideration to buying a Dev in the first place. Devialet could strike a deal with Roon)
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(23-Mar-2016, 14:28)AllenB Wrote: The bullet-proof solution would be RAAT.

(Before anyone says that would mean having to purchase Roon, well quite honestly, Devialet should be throwing that in for free, not least as an appeasement to all who thought AIR was a worthy consideration to buying a Dev in the first place. Devialet could strike a deal with Roon)

+1

Knowing my luck they'll wait until after I've agonised over and finally bought a microRendu, then announce that RAAT's coming to Devialet Wink

And I'd still be ecstatic!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(23-Mar-2016, 15:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

+1

Knowing my luck they'll wait until after I've agonised over and finally bought a microRendu, then announce that RAAT's coming to Devialet Wink

And I'd still be ecstatic!

They won't implement RAAT, that is all but guaranteed.  They will implement some crappy solution that requires crappy software that they write that is somehow related to the crappy Dialog.

I say get the microRendu and move on.

Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

My one man twitter campaign continues...

https://twitter.com/OriginalDrTone/statu...7295865856
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I take the point regarding RAAT.  However, RAAT is a Roon only protocol.  The wonderful thing about AIR is that it acts a virtual soundcard, so you can use it with anything you want, JRiver, iTunes, you tube, internet radio, etc.  Oh, and Roon too of course. Genuinely anything you want.  (and we all seem to want different things)

I think this is why AIR causes so much frustration, because the combination of versatility and very good sound quality is utterly compelling for many and very varied users.  RAAT and a fully stable AIR would be splendid!  (Ever the optimist)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
It was a slightly rhetorical statement, grown out of exasperation with Devialet. I thought Naim were stubborn, but Devialet take the biscuit. How not to deal with your clientele. Give us Roon RAAT and whatever new version of AIR for the few that use it still. Then everyone's happy.

Some of us have moved on from AIR, because we had to, and not for free either, I have spent quite a lot to get music in via USB, don't see any point whatsoever going back to AIR.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(23-Mar-2016, 12:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(22-Mar-2016, 13:14)mdconnelly Wrote: …..When I pressed about the future of AIR, the response is that they work on 6 month cycles and can't talk about futures.   
….

The 6 month cycle part just caught my eye…

So, was firmware 9.0.1 - the addition of the Od'A - in December 2015 count as the six month cycle?
Anyone know when the last actual update (non beta) to AIR was (for all 'current' operating systems)?

The last non beta version of AIR?  (are you ready for this)  October 2014 .......

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=110&page=17
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(23-Mar-2016, 23:16)Confused Wrote:
(23-Mar-2016, 12:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(22-Mar-2016, 13:14)mdconnelly Wrote: …..When I pressed about the future of AIR, the response is that they work on 6 month cycles and can't talk about futures.   
….

The 6 month cycle part just caught my eye…

So, was firmware 9.0.1 - the addition of the Od'A - in December 2015 count as the six month cycle?
Anyone know when the last actual update (non beta) to AIR was (for all 'current' operating systems)?

The last non beta version of AIR?  (are you ready for this)  October 2014 .......

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=110&page=17

Holy S!

What a clustercuss.

(Will be a lot more amusing to 'Fantastic Mr Fox' fans.)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<