Poll: AIR "White Noise"
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I used AIR ONLY prior mid 2014 and got white noise
3.57%
8 3.57%
I used AIR ONLY prior to mid 2014 and got no white noise
2.68%
6 2.68%
I use/used AIR SINCE mid 2014 and get/got white noise
20.98%
47 20.98%
I use/used AIR SINCE mid 2014 and get/got no white noise
7.14%
16 7.14%
I have experienced white noise on hi-res only
6.70%
15 6.70%
I have experienced white noise on 16/44.1
14.73%
33 14.73%
I use a PC and get white noise
12.05%
27 12.05%
I use a PC and do not get white noise
8.48%
19 8.48%
I use a Mac and get white noise
12.95%
29 12.95%
I use a Mac and do not get white noise
10.71%
24 10.71%
Total 224 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A lot of hot AIR from Devialet - survey 1
If possible to change, I would change my vote from "I use a Mac and do not get white noise" to "I use a Mac and get white noise" just experienced over this weekend.

Bluesound awaited.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Hi all,
This is my 1st post. Not a good one I'm afraid. Got my 120 one week ago and experienced white noise twice now. This not serious... I sure hope Devialet fixes that because I will say bye bye. Too bad because honestly, the sound is very very good!
Thanks
Louis
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal

I thought it may be safe to update my music iMac to Yosemite and Air to 2.1.3 (I think that was it) by now. My laptop has been updated for a while, though I do not use it with Air all that often.
I got a noise a bit like a pulse jet after a while. I had already had some hesitations.
I am rebuilding the system back to Mavericks (which I like less than Snow Leopard but that backup is too old) from yesterday's Time Machine backup.
7 hours to go...
No more software update/downgrades for me.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(06-Apr-2015, 20:24)f1eng Wrote: I thought it may be safe to update my music iMac to Yosemite and Air to 2.1.3 (I think that was it) by now. My laptop has been updated for a while, though I do not use it with Air all that often.
I got a noise a bit like a pulse jet after a while. I had already had some hesitations.
I am rebuilding the system back to Mavericks (which I like less than Snow Leopard but that backup is too old) from yesterday's Time Machine backup.
7 hours to go...

I did the same thing. I erased my Mac mini hard drive and Yosemite, reinstalled Mavericks and Air 2.1.2. Everything is fine now. No noise, no crackling. I tried Mavericks with Air 2.1.3. and the noise and crackling came back. 
Devialet 800. Dynaudio Focus 340. Transparent MusicWave Super speaker cable. Rega P3 turntable. Naim NAT05 XS with Flatcap XS.
(06-Apr-2015, 20:50)Beajuju Wrote:
(06-Apr-2015, 20:24)f1eng Wrote: I thought it may be safe to update my music iMac to Yosemite and Air to 2.1.3 (I think that was it) by now. My laptop has been updated for a while, though I do not use it with Air all that often.
7 hours to go...

I did the same thing. I erased my Mac mini hard drive and Yosemite, reinstalled Mavericks and Air 2.1.2. Everything is fine now. No noise, no crackling. I tried Mavericks with Air 2.1.3. and the noise and crackling came back. 

Wondering if any of you have informed Devialet that you only get AIR issues from the new upgrades. I am a new 200 owner and the AIR issue is starting to get to me now. I paid £5990 for a product which has known issues................i get frustrated until I listen to some music ( via CD of course ) then I am in heaven again. Smile
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(06-Apr-2015, 21:44)Womaz Wrote:
(06-Apr-2015, 20:50)Beajuju Wrote:
7 hours to go...

Wondering if any of you have informed Devialet that you only get AIR issues from the new upgrades. I am a new 200 owner and the AIR issue is starting to get to me now. I paid £5990 for a product which has known issues................i get frustrated until I listen to some music ( via CD of course ) then I am in heaven again. Smile

I informed Devialet of my sound issues since last October...

I wrote, two months ago, an email to their customer service to inform them that I have no issues with Mavericks and Air 2.1.2. I suggested to write an email to their customers regarding Yosemite and Air 2.1.3. No answer...

Air is very hard to beat when it works!
Devialet 800. Dynaudio Focus 340. Transparent MusicWave Super speaker cable. Rega P3 turntable. Naim NAT05 XS with Flatcap XS.
Results have now been sent to Devialet
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I have stopped using AIR as well... USB, Audirvana, and my Mac it is!
Interesting the results indicate that it happens equally on OSX and Windows. Didn't Devialet try to say it was somehow related to Windows problem they had work around. They never did try fixing it for OSX.

Now they are completely silent or just sending out canned responses. The only common thing in all the scenarios is the Devialet itself. I have a funny feeling they don't want to admit to fix the problem we are going to need new hardware.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(21-Apr-2016, 21:30)Dr Tone Wrote: Interesting the results indicate that it happens equally on OSX and Windows.  Didn't Devialet try to say it was somehow related to Windows problem they had work around.  They never did try fixing it for OSX.

Now they are completely silent or just sending out canned responses.  The only common thing in all the scenarios is the Devialet itself.  I have a funny feeling they don't want to admit to fix the problem we are going to need new hardware.

Devialet have turned out to be a bunch of shysters. It's a sad day indeed when people who have spent thousands on their products have to resort to a £30 Raspberry Pi to get it to stream Hi res music properly. What an effing joke.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3