Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog Questions
Hi

Yesterday I bought my second phantom silver, to have them work as a stereo pair I have been obliged to buy the Dialog.

I have some questions:

Q1: On the dialog USB port is it possible to connect an hard disk with my music in it ?

Q2: Suddenly  since i plugged the Dialog  i have a new WiFi network in my neighborhood, it's name is dialognetwok-XXXX  I will not use it, regarding the fact that I plugged my phantoms through Ethernet..  is there a way to get rid of the new WIFI ?

Q3: Is it possible to have the dialog powerd by POE ?

Q4: Is it possible to turn off or dimm the white led at the bottom/back of the Dialog ?

Thanks for your answers

and forgive my french     ENglish ......by the way I'm french
1. Unfortunately no. The USB port is for future communication with the Devialet Expert Line
2. No.
3. Sorry, I don't know what POE is.
4. Unfortunately no.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(29-Jan-2016, 19:11)ragwo Wrote: 1. Unfortunately no. The USB port is for future communication with the Devialet Expert Line
2. No.
3. Sorry, I don't know what POE is.
4. Unfortunately no.

Regarding Q1. When I asked Devialet support regarding the use of the USB I was told that it is not activated yet but will be with a future firmware update. It would not be able to accept a USB turntable, but it is planned to accept USB storage devices. Sorry, no more details than that.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Re: 2 :The dialog networks are proprietary to the Phantom/dialog for control and streaming.
3 : POE is Power over Ethernet, and cannot be used to power the dialog, however HomePlug devices like TP-Link can be used for ethernet and AC connectivity thru your AC mains.
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.
thanks all of you for the answers
because I m coming from Sonos world I m a bit disoriented with the lack of function but I m impressed by the sound
(30-Jan-2016, 13:58)lahyene Wrote: thanks all of you  for the answers
because I m coming from  Sonos world  I m a bit disoriented  with the lack of function but I m impressed by the sound

Hi lahyene

Maybe one day the Phantoms will have the functionality of Sonos; I am hoping so.   I have a Sonos Connect linked by optical Toslink to my Dialog (and by an ethernet cable to provide an internet connection to the Dialog).  Using the Sonos app gives me all the functionality of Sonos and the sound quality of the Phantoms.  I do not hear any significant loss of sound quality with the extra link in the chain.

I also use the Phantoms directly with Qobuz.
(30-Jan-2016, 17:35)andrew_brown Wrote:
(30-Jan-2016, 13:58)lahyene Wrote: thanks all of you  for the answers
because I m coming from  Sonos world  I m a bit disoriented  with the lack of function but I m impressed by the sound

Hi lahyene

Maybe one day the Phantoms will have the functionality of Sonos; I am hoping so.   I have a Sonos Connect linked by optical Toslink to my Dialog (and by an ethernet cable to provide an internet connection to the Dialog).  Using the Sonos app gives me all the functionality of Sonos and the sound quality of the Phantoms.  I do not hear any significant loss of sound quality with the extra link in the chain.

I also use the Phantoms directly with Qobuz.

Thanks Andrew for your solution 
I'll think about it
I finally jumped on a second phantom with dialog. When I set everything up in the same room it works well but my router had to get moved to my office downstairs so I moved the dialog with it. My phantoms remained upstairs in my living space.

Then I started having connection problems. Can take up to 10 tries just to get both phantoms to connect and even when it does the music cuts off and it's horrible. I was told as long as the router is strong enough which it is for all my other devices the dialog should be able to connect the phantoms but it doesn't seem to be the case at my house. 

Is the dialog only strong enough to be in the same room as the speakers? If so what's the point of promoting 24 speakers to the dialog when it can barley reach the second floor? Please help
2 White phantoms with remote and waiting for the 2 branches
Marantz amp with B and W CM 9 with Polk 12"
(12-Feb-2016, 05:19)Slamdunk17 Wrote: I finally jumped on a second phantom with dialog. When I set everything up in the same room it works well but my router had to get moved to my office downstairs so I moved the dialog with it. My phantoms remained upstairs in my living space.

Then I started having connection problems. Can take up to 10 tries just to get both phantoms to connect and even when it does the music cuts off and it's horrible. I was told as long as the router is strong enough which it is for all my other devices the dialog should be able to connect the phantoms but it doesn't seem to be the case at my house. 

Is the dialog only strong enough to be in the same room as the speakers? If so what's the point of promoting 24 speakers to the dialog when it can barley reach the second floor? Please help

hi Slamdunk17 

If  I understood  your 2 phantoms are connected through wifi ?
 and even in the same room,  you have cut/Loss ?

If i'm right regarding the  2 questions  above,  you should investigate  for a wifi problem how many wifi you see when you're in the room  if you can change the wifi channel of your other wifi(s) I think something interfere  with your network (dialognetworx-XX-XXX-X).

you mau also try to reset the whole  things  (by pressing three time the power button at the back of your phantoms, it works for me when I had problems)

you may also own a defective   dialog :Sad

if it's possible  try to have your phantom connected via ethernet

good luck
(12-Feb-2016, 07:46)Ílahyene Wrote:
(12-Feb-2016, 05:19)Slamdunk17 Wrote: I finally jumped on a second phantom with dialog. When I set everything up in the same room it works well but my router had to get moved to my office downstairs so I moved the dialog with it. My phantoms remained upstairs in my living space.

hi Slamdunk17 

If  I understood  your 2 phantoms are connected through wifi ?
 and even in the same room,  you have cut/Loss ?

If i'm right regarding the  2 questions  above,  you should investigate  for a wifi problem how many wifi you see when you're in the room  if you can change the wifi channel of your other wifi(s) I think something interfere  with your network (dialognetworx-XX-XXX-X).

you mau also try to reset the whole  things  (by pressing three time the power button at the back of your phantoms, it works for me when I had problems)

you may also own a defective   dialog :Sad

if it's possible  try to have your phantom connected via ethernet

good luck

If you reset do then the whole factory reset and not only power of or reset buttons on the backsite. You can find this on www.devialet.com.

If you have a good as adviced wifi network and setup, you don't need to be connected via ethernet.

Don't use powerfilters etc. and be sure that the dialog and the phantoms are on the same powerphase

Use the dialog and phantoms as devialet intended it.

For me it works in this way wireless and perfectly.