Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynaudio Evoke 50 SAM ?
Hi to all, 
a few days ago I become the owner of ExpertPro 220. Before that, I had Primare i22+ Auralik Vega + Auralic Mini.
Well, day by day I am more and more impressed and satisfied with Deveialet Smile 
Have just one question: I would like to use SAM for my loudspeakers, but can't find out in the list of Dynaudio my speakers: Evoke 50. 
Does anyone here use Dynaudio Evoke series of loudspeakers, and which of available Dynaudio speakers in Devialet SAM settings you use? 
thanks in advance
Zoran
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
Evoke series is a new model range? Seems different from the other Dynaudio SAMed models. The Evoke 50 looks most like Contour 60. You can try the profile for Contour 60 (according to Maxime Dumont of Devialet there is actually no harm in using the "wrong" profile as long as you're a little careful), but you will most likely have to wait for your model to get it's own SAM profile for optimum results.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
There used to be someone on this forum who blew up his speakers by using the wrong SAM profile so if you're going to take @ogs 's advice, take the "little careful" part.

SAM is made specifically for a certain speaker. I can't see how there would be any benefit in using the wrong profile. Contact Devialet and ask whether they can make a profile up. If they get enough inquiries they will probably follow up on it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Yes, if the SAM profile allows large cone excursion but the driver does not it could be dangerous. Using the SAM profile of a similar speaker from the same manufacturer is not that dangerous.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hi ogs, Pim
many thanks for the answers provided. I will definitely put down an email to Devialet asking about Evoke series.
Though fairly new Dynaudio series of loudspeakers, it is expected to have more and more Evoke + Devialet users in the near future.
Have a great weekend
Zoran
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
(27-Jun-2020, 18:12)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: Hi to all, 
a few days ago I become the owner of ExpertPro 220. Before that, I had Primare i22+ Auralik Vega + Auralic Mini.
Well, day by day I am more and more impressed and satisfied with Deveialet Smile 
Have just one question: I would like to use SAM for my loudspeakers, but can't find out in the list of Dynaudio my speakers: Evoke 50. 
Does anyone here use Dynaudio Evoke series of loudspeakers, and which of available Dynaudio speakers in Devialet SAM settings you use? 
thanks in advance
Zoran

I had a set of Evoke 10s that I re-homed.  Loved em.  Honestly, I've drifted away from SAM.  Get better cables.  Don't be afraid of silver.  Get better sources.  Let it run pure.  Don't be afraid to "double-dac."  I had the Evoke 10s on the matching stands with GAIA III and loved them!
(30-Jun-2020, 13:28)awkaplan Wrote:
(27-Jun-2020, 18:12)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: Hi to all, 
thanks in advance
Zoran

I had a set of Evoke 10s that I re-homed.  Loved em.  Honestly, I've drifted away from SAM.  Get better cables.  Don't be afraid of silver.  Get better sources.  Let it run pure.  Don't be afraid to "double-dac."  I had the Evoke 10s on the matching stands with GAIA III and loved them!

Hi Awkaplan,
many thanks for your response. At least someone with Evoke Smile 
Well, I have good (in my opinion) cables: Alpha Core Goertz MI 2 Veracity Speaker Cable . So far I am pleased with the sound. As for sources, I use Tidal, Hi-Fi version. Yes, everything is fine except remote Sad .. since when opened the box, batteries in remote were leaked. Somehow I made remote to work, but it is broken again. Hm, a little bit shame for $ 10.000 device to have such problem with batteries. 
Anyhow, many thanks for your advice and have a nice day 
Zoran