Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EISA Awards
No EISA award for Devialet it seems...

I'm a bit surprised that the innovation award went to the Micromega M-One M-150. It has less options and it has inferior SQ compared to our beloved Devialets.

Go figure!

EDIT: well the 'less options' statement above is maybe a bit debatable. It has stuff that Devialet does not have and vice-versa.
I really do not trust EISA awards to be 'neutral'. I've seen many strange decisions through the years, Just my opinion, isn't necessarily correct...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I've never heard one so I don't want to speculate on its sound but given that the Micromega M-One M-150 was introduced 2 years ago and very little has been written on its sound one has to wonder why suddenly it's the cream of the crop. I've always seen it as a product that imitated the Devialet 'look' and targeted those who can't afford or don't want to spend the money on a Devialet. Maybe I assumed wrong.

Has anyone heard one / compared one to a Devialet?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Devialet are their own worst enemies. Their products are well engineered with a French flair for aesthetics but thrn they then seem to ignore their audience in their hubris. I accidentally heard a Devialet Pro at a Bristol HiFi show where it was fronting some speakers. Its look and sound were amazing but Devialet were personally not there. They did have a stab at that show a couple of years ago but only with the Phantom.

Naim makes sure they are well represented with awards by actively encouraging their enthusiastic customers to go and vote for them.

Actually, now I come to think of it Linn is another company that hides its light under a bushel.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
Hello, I think that it is exactly like many print media, who makes a lot of advertising in the magazine gets good discussions / good grades! I heard the Micromega only briefly ........ Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
My personal opinion Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Hello, I think that it is exactly like many print media, who makes a lot of advertising in the magazine gets good discussions / good grades! I heard the Micromega only briefly ........ Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
My personal opinion Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I've never believed industry awards are anything other than an industry thanking companies for making them money. Then I watched the Dave Gorman episode about these sort of awards, and I realised I'd been nice to them, they are even worse than that.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(17-Aug-2018, 06:40)Pim Wrote: I've never heard one so I don't want to speculate on its sound but given that the Micromega M-One M-150 was introduced 2 years ago and very little has been written on its sound one has to wonder why suddenly it's the cream of the crop. I've always seen it as a product that imitated the Devialet 'look' and targeted those who can't afford or don't want to spend the money on a Devialet. Maybe I assumed wrong.

Has anyone heard one / compared one to a Devialet?

Micromega appears exactly when i was in the market searching for a integrated, good and modern amplifier... and my local dealer has both. I tested both desspite of the dealer's warning that the devialet was miles ahead of the micromega.
And he was absolutely right.