Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EQ?
Audio Science Review on DSPeaker. It got a pretty negative review which stopped me from looking into it further.
https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/ind...iew.15624/

Please share your experience if any.

Also very curious if anyone has experience with miniDSP products
https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/ind...mer.18681/
Stereo Phantom 600's matte black on legs + RPI3 with DAC/DSP-Hifiberry with Allo Nirvana PSU+ MacMini (Roon Core) with Ludic Heimdall Netfilter/PSU
(02-May-2021, 21:01)fabien44 Wrote: How do you analyse your room correction ?
What are the benefits for you?

You analyse the room with a special microphone and a program such as REW, HifiberryOS, DiracLive etc. You can google why room EQ has benefits, but basically it adjust the sound according to your room accoustics and it can have serious improvements on your SQ.
Stereo Phantom 600's matte black on legs + RPI3 with DAC/DSP-Hifiberry with Allo Nirvana PSU+ MacMini (Roon Core) with Ludic Heimdall Netfilter/PSU
(04-May-2021, 19:48)edgecrush3r Wrote:

You analyse the room with a special microphone and a program such as REW, HifiberryOS, DiracLive etc. You can google why room EQ has benefits, but basically it adjust the sound according to your room accoustics and it can have serious improvements on your SQ.

I'm about to embark on this room correction quest. I'm a total newbee. I got a UMIK-1 and will try REW in Roon. However, the only way I can run REW on PC to Phantoms is via Bluetooth. I'm wondering how is that going to impact. Any help is appreciated.
(04-May-2021, 20:06)st33f Wrote:
(04-May-2021, 19:48)edgecrush3r Wrote:

I'm about to embark on this room correction quest. I'm a total newbee. I got a UMIK-1 and will try REW in Roon. However, the only way I can run REW on PC to Phantoms is via Bluetooth. I'm wondering how is that going to impact. Any help is appreciated.
REW generates corrections filters which you can import in Roon. No need for BT, just use RAAT and the imported filters.

Here's the how to:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/a-guide...roon/23800
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(04-May-2021, 20:09)ragwo Wrote:
(04-May-2021, 20:06)st33f Wrote:
(04-May-2021, 19:48)edgecrush3r Wrote: You analyse the room with a special microphone and a program such as REW, HifiberryOS, DiracLive etc. You can google why room EQ has benefits, but basically it adjust the sound according to your room accoustics and it can have serious improvements on your SQ.

REW generates corrections filters which you can import in Roon. No need for BT, just use RAAT and the imported filters.
Yes, but to generate the filters, I need to do measurements, no? I read that as long as both are aptX it would work.

Thank you for the link, that's the guide I was going to follow. I see that I could save Pink PN and play it through Roon for measurement. Fun times
@st33f
You'll have to do some measurements first. REW can generate sweep files which you can import in Roon as any other sound file. No need for BT. Just play the files in Roon, measure with REW and generate the filters.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(04-May-2021, 20:35)ragwo Wrote: @st33f
You'll have to do some measurements first. REW can generate sweep files which you can import in Roon as any other sound file. No need for BT. Just play the files in Roon, measure with REW and generate the filters.

Great, thank you
Try this:
https://www.homeaudiofidelity.com/
(18-Apr-2020, 18:29)Jamington2004 Wrote: Dspeaker Antimode 2.0 is brilliant at reducing that “boom”.

Or a simpler option is to use Spotify / phone / laptop EQ - that should be transmitted to the speaker over Airplay?

Thx for the tip,its working briliant!

i connect my cambridge x2 to the antimode 2.0 and it performs amazing!

I have the cambridge analoog connected to the antimode 2.0 en digital out from the antimode to the phantom golds..
This way i can also control the volume with the remote from the cambridge..

Love this setup