Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest way to get radio into Devialet?
On my previous amplifier I used the line-out from my basic Roberts radio.

But now I've wall mounted my Devialet I wanted to keep the area nice and tidy, so wondered if anyone knows of a simple solution to get radio - maybe an internet service via a little Pi or cubox type thing into an optical?  I'd want to be able to control it from an iPad really, and not mess up my Roon setup (which is connected via USB).

Any ideas?  

I dont listen that often and not that worried about SQ really, just for casual background listening, but want something that isn't going to end up needing a lot of messing about with.

(Apologies if this is the wrong section - wasn't sure where best to put it)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

We listen to a great deal of radio, and for that I think that Sonos is the king. Bluesound also has some interesting boxes, and may have slightly better sound, based on a comparison one of our friends here did about 18 months ago.

We use Simple Radio and get stations and streams from all over the world, so I can get Radio Paradise and RAI from Italy. I run ethernet from my router to a Sonos Connect and then optical from the Sonos to the Dev. Seems to me to have the widest range of streams. Control from i-devices and from the computer if you wish.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Maybee a a apple box like express u can stream to via air play etc….and digital inn to the devialet
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
A nice easy and cheap solution is to run the TuneIn Radio iOS app with a Google Chromecast Audio. £30 and you can stream other services like Qobuz if you're a subscriber.

It's a lot less hassle than a Pi - I own both Wink and Google are adding new services all the time.

EDIT: much cheaper than a Sonos and just as easy to use. SQ is fine but I admit that I haven't compared it directly to Sonos... But we are talking low-res anyway Wink
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(05-Feb-2016, 18:51)Hifi_swlon Wrote: On my previous amplifier I used the line-out from my basic Roberts radio.

But now I've wall mounted my Devialet I wanted to keep the area nice and tidy, so wondered if anyone knows of a simple solution to get radio - maybe an internet service via a little Pi or cubox type thing into an optical?  I'd want to be able to control it from an iPad really, and not mess up my Roon setup (which is connected via USB).

Any ideas?  

I dont listen that often and not that worried about SQ really, just for casual background listening, but want something that isn't going to end up needing a lot of messing about with.

(Apologies if this is the wrong section - wasn't sure where best to put it)

What I do is, I go on the web page of my radio station with my computer and use there live streaming and I send it to wi-fi via my Devialet air. Very simple and efficient.
Sonos Connect works great & the app is very stable & easy to use!

I bought mine used on Canuck Audio Mart (CAM) for roughly 1/3 the retail price.
Another vote for Sonos Connect (aka ZP90) from me. Not the cheapest way to do it, to be sure, but it works well and is very easy and convenient to use.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Cheapest solution is Chromecast Audio. Best SQ is Bluesound. Most complete solution with the most music services is Sonos. Of course, if AIR works (which isn't for you) then you can stream radio from computer.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Thanks guys - sounds like the Chromecast is the way to go for a starter solution. Even though i'd read about it I just never thought of it as a possibility for radio. Duh.

Sonos would be overkill I think. I don't want a box that big, or the expense, just for radio.

Air would really help here as I have a headless server...you know, if I had the option.

OK, time to order and try.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

If you're an iPad user, the Airport express is the way to go rather than chromecast.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus