Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Entreq grounding boxes
Has anyone tried the Acoustic Revive RGC-2.4 compared to Entreqs grounding boxes??
http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/r...24_01.html
(24-Jun-2014, 11:38)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-Jun-2014, 16:37)Sobert Wrote: Do any of you guys with entreq use powercleaners/regenerators? I'm using Ps audio P5 regenerator and is wondering if this will push my system even further...

I'm sure if you connected your Devialet to an Entreq ground box you'd get some interesting results, these work on the signal planes of the device as opposed to AC power. The Entreq ground cable attaches itself to a spare RCA adapter at the back of the Devialet.

Personally I would be a little wary of using something like a P5 with a Devialet since the P5's power is limited to 1500 to 1800VA. The Devialets of course have a power rating of 3kW.

I've never tried a P5 in my own system so this is all conjecture and I apologise if I'm talking nonsense!

I personally prefer to fix the mains at source, so running a dedicated circuit all the way back to a separate consumer unit with beefed up grounding, and keeping the hi-fi mains supply as far away as possible from the rest of the house's electrics.

Guillaume
I have not given powerpeaks much thought, but it might be a good idea to try playing without it to compare. What I do know is that it fixes a lot. Soundstage is much bigger, placement of instrument is better, details better, bass better controlled, and the best; black/darker background.
We got a powerproblem in Norway (we are being compared to Albania). I Attended Isoteks demo here in Oslo and the differences was massive when they connected their Equipment. It went from being an ok system to being a very very good system. Think it was Martin Logan Ethos with T+A cd, pre and amp.
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
(25-Jun-2014, 16:43)Sobert Wrote: We got a power problem in Norway (we are being compared to Albania).

I bet you have; I mean, no natural energy resources at all!
Wink
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
About the Acoustic Revive RGC-24. I've looked into these but not tried them. The reviews seem to be positive but the effects seem to be quite small from what I can gather. I think there's a few other similar products on the market. It looks like it works in a similar way but is smaller than the Entreq grounding boxes. There's quite a lot of copper (sheets I think) in the Entreq product too which makes them heavy. The AR device only connects to one device I think whereas the Entreq connects (ideally) the signal plane of multiple devices together which I'm guessing has benefits due to equalising ground potentials. The crazy thing I just can't quite get my head round is how the ground cables make such a difference! My initial idea was to get a ground box and just make up some cables myself and save some money but suppoesdly there's a fair bit more to it.
There's a crazy-expensive product, the Tripoint Troy, which might've been mentioned earlier which works in the same way as the Entreq ground box but they focus on bonding the chassis grounds of equipment rather than the signal/circuit board grounds. A lot of people seem to prefer the Troy, and I have read of a few people using both solutions in the same system.
Thanks for that reply, I actually have an RGC-24 that I got for free a while ago but I haven't made any serious listening tests with it yet.

Question for you with Entreqs, do you connect them to an RCA plug or to the ground plug on your Devialets??
(25-Jun-2014, 18:16)Jwg1749 Wrote:
(25-Jun-2014, 16:43)Sobert Wrote: We got a power problem in Norway (we are being compared to Albania).

I bet you have; I mean, no natural energy resources at all!
Wink
Matt
With clean power Tongue we got enough power. Listening to music at night will always be better then during the day without a power regenerator.
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
(25-Jun-2014, 21:29)Ekmanc Wrote: Thanks for that reply, I actually have an RGC-24 that I got for free a while ago but I haven't made any serious listening tests with it yet.

Question for you with Entreqs, do you connect them to an RCA plug or to the ground plug on your Devialets??

They work better connected to the signal plane, so RCA (or a spare XLR or whatever). The ground post is connected to the chassis (I think) so not so ideal and it won't be so effective.

Of course this means there's a choice of connector types on their cables which complicates things a bit! On my Moon MiND streamer I recently switched from AES to SPDIF and so had to change the Entreq ground cable from RCA to XLR/AES. Fortunately I'm still auditioning it, but our local dealer will swap cables at no cost I believe anyway, though I'm not sure if this is Entreq company policy or just the dealer being nice.
Hmm - interesting so far. Time to leave alone for a few days. Only fly in the ointment so far is the other half wondering why there is a wine box sat next to the Hi-Fi rack ... Angel

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
(26-Jun-2014, 21:44)james n Wrote: Hmm - interesting so far. Time to leave alone for a few days. Only fly in the ointment so far is the other half wondering why there is a wine box sat next to the Hi-Fi rack ... Angel

Tricky call - is it better for her to think you're drinking alone or doing something which many would consider weird with your hi-fi? Still it's difficult to have someone committed in the uk nowadays so you should be safe Undecided
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(25-Jun-2014, 21:29)Ekmanc Wrote: Thanks for that reply, I actually have an RGC-24 that I got for free a while ago but I haven't made any serious listening tests with it yet.

RCA for me...
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey