Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errors with Config file
Hi, Decided in a quiet moment to upgrade to 9.0.1.

That was 3 hours ago!!

I successfully upgraded my D200 to 9.0.1 and checked the device to ensure all was in order.

When I came to use Le Configurateur all looked OK and I generated a new config file but every time I get the error message 'There was an error generating your config file. Please try to go back and download again.

Yes I had deleted the 17 files.

I am using the Devialet supplied SD card which in desperation I have reformatted to MS FAT.

I have tried everything I know but now up the creek with no sight of a paddle!

Any and all suggestions gratefully received

Thanks
What browser are you using? If it's Safari on OS X, that could be a known problem. The work-around is either to use a different browser (such as Firefox) or to right-click on the link the Configurator provides and select the option to open in a new tab (thanks to Jean-Marie for that tip).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(06-Jan-2016, 17:07)thumb5 Wrote: What browser are you using?  If it's Safari on OS X, that could be a known problem.  The work-around is either to use a different browser (such as Firefox) or to right-click on the link the Configurator provides and select the option to open in a new tab (thanks to Jean-Marie for that tip).

Yes it is OSX, will try another browser, thanks
Thanks Ian

Installed Firefox and all working fine now, and sounding good! Big Grin

Graham
CCB,

Just to support your experience, I had trouble saving the config files using Safari, but with Firefox it works without problem. I have not tried the 'new tab' system. Just wanted to say that Firefox seems to provide a solid solution to this issue.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Yeah I found this out a long time ago when I first got my Devialet 400, I use Chrome on the Mac to do my configurations.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Hello Folks,
Need some help here.
From time to time when I change the configuration, there's error with SD card.
It's either SD card error or wrong configuration.
I am aware of the problems discussed above with Safari. I'm using Chrome.
It appears this is to do with Devialet web site.
I have tried repeated times since last night and I am getting the SD card error.
I even tried initializing using Mac and FAT options.
Any ideas?
Thanks
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
Here's the SD card requirements in case you're using one that won't work:
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...8#pid31908
SD or SDHC, max 16G capacity, FAT16 or FAT32 formatted.
Thanks. Tried didn't work
I suspect it has to do with Mac OS El Capitan.
This happens after upgrading.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
Just an FYI - I use a Mac - Use Chrome - Use El Capitan. I use the SD card in the SD slot on my Macbook Pro. Never had an issue writing wither firmware or configuration updates for my D400.

Meaning, I don't think this is an El Capitan issue.

Maybe its a defective SD card?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US