Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet after CoreInfinity upgrade
Before the coreinfinity upgrade I had no problem streaming through a dedicated ethernet connection, a fixed IP address and AIR 3.0.4. But now AIR does not find a Devialet ethernet.

I configured ethernet in the configurator and disabled WLAN, but in the D's sources there is no "ethernet" input. Was this replaced by UPNP? There is only an AIR input. Neither AIR nor UPNP work with the AIR.app.

Is this the famous beta-"bug"?

Thanks

DOS 2.1
FW 12.1.2
MacOS 10.13.2
Check the Input AIR. Ethernet is AIR now. This should work well.

Regards

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(20-Dec-2017, 10:28)Elztalbiker Wrote: Check the Input AIR. Ethernet is AIR now. This should work well.

Regards

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I did, in fact. But the AIR.app (3.0.4) did not recognize it and didn't show the option to join Devialet Ethernet.
Mohmm - If you select the AIR input on your amp you should see a small symbol above the dB on the circular window of your amp - this is the ethernet connection.If you don't see it try to unplug then plug the ethernet jack into the amp.If you have the ethernet symbol, then look at the settings of the AIR app on your toolbar, it should show 'My Devialet Eth' as an option.Select the option if you can, try to play.

If there is no My Devialet Eth option, or the AIR app symbol on your toolbar is greyed-out, then select quit from the app drop-down menu and re-install the app.

Select AIR as the input on your Devialet.If the app appears on your toolbar in black and My Devialet Eth can be selected, then it should work.
(20-Dec-2017, 12:17)ovo Wrote: Mohmm - If you select the AIR input on your amp you should see a small symbol above the dB on the circular window of your amp - this is the ethernet connection.If you don't see it try to unplug then plug the ethernet jack into the amp.If you have the ethernet symbol, then look at the settings of the AIR app on your toolbar, it should show 'My Devialet Eth' as an option.Select the option if you can, try to play.

If there is no My Devialet Eth option, or the AIR app symbol on your toolbar is greyed-out, then select quit from the app drop-down menu and re-install the app.

Select AIR as the input on your Devialet.If the app appears on your toolbar in black and My Devialet Eth can be selected, then it should work.

Thanks for this. The problem is that the present implementation of the Devialet OS obviously does not allow a direct dedicated ethernet cable between computer (if you have two outputs on your computer, the other for your internet access) and the Dev unit. It seems, it always needs access to a router. Once connected to a switch, ethernet works fine again.

WLAN also is very good after the upgrade.

Thanks Devialet.
(20-Dec-2017, 12:58)Mohmm Wrote:
(20-Dec-2017, 12:17)ovo Wrote: Mohmm - If you select the AIR input on your amp you should see a small symbol above the dB on the circular window of your amp - this is the ethernet connection.If you don't see it try to unplug then plug the ethernet jack into the amp.If you have the ethernet symbol, then look at the settings of the AIR app on your toolbar, it should show 'My Devialet Eth' as an option.Select the option if you can, try to play.

Thanks for this. The problem is that the present implementation of the Devialet OS obviously does not allow a direct dedicated ethernet cable between computer (if you have two outputs on your computer, the other for your internet access) and the Dev unit. It seems, it always needs access to a router. Once connected to a switch, ethernet works fine again.

Thanks Devialet.

Have you tried an Ethernet cross over cable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(20-Dec-2017, 20:45)Idisarmamant Wrote:
(20-Dec-2017, 12:58)Mohmm Wrote:

Thanks Devialet.

Have you tried an Ethernet cross over cable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don’t think a crossover cable is needed. I cannot remember when I last saw a Ethernet interface that is not auto crossing over. 

That looks more like a configuration/ DHCP type issue. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
When I had a direct ethernet connection between PC and Devialet or Mac Mini and Devialet I was able to use a standard ethernet cable, no crossover cable required. FWIW.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I have the same problem, i.e., direct cable from computer to Devialet worked before upgrade. Obama using static IP on both computer and Devialet!

I guess this is a bug. Using WiFi now.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
farad super 3 (12v, sr orange fuse, furutech rodium ac inlet) -> daphile / diy streamer -> audioquest cinnamon toslink -> denafrips gaia -> transparent reference aes/ebu -> devialet 250pro ci -> transparent mws xl -> proac 3.8.

solid tech hybrid rack, shunyata hydra 8, shunyata anaconda helix alpha, shunyata python helix vx, dc cable farad level 2, isoacoustics orea bronze, ansuz darkz d2t.
After CI AIR didn't work for me at all hard-coded. Going to DHCP fixed it completed. Remote also now works.
Roon Rock, NUC7i5BNH, Expert Pro 220 CI, Thorens TD124/ESL1000/SPU, Mitchell Orbe/SME V/Shelter 901, RP3/DigiOne, Tannoy Prestige GR Stirling,
Some cables, Auralic Minis and etc.
                                    Toronto