Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence Devialet hasn't completely given up on the Expert Pro line
Any rumors out there? Next generations or something else like a ending story for expert pro line?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
I dunno about the others but I think Devialet Expert Pros are pretty much "maxed out" in terms of performance using the DAC chip PCM 1792. And replacing that chip with another one (either off the shelf or FPGA) means getting Devialet 'Think-Tank' back to the drawing boards. Is that going to happen ?

However, Devialet does need to "fix" many issues around the Devialet Expert Pro to offer their Users a 100% seamless experience like solving the bugs in the Config and other issues that we keep observing and talking about. 

Your thoughts ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Well they clearly had a vision when presenting the Core Infinity board - and were actively communicating that. So they actually just have to make up to that claim. And of course also fix annoying bugs and getting g uptodate with the tech & steaming development in general.

Very much hope someone is attending at the event and asking some questions.
You hope and hope about expert Line , i am shure that Devialet hav giving up no ney software Update for years, one time they have an idea about progress ,but somebody in Devialet killing that idea, and they focus about phantom ,and other thing, accept that a great product is stand still , and have that for years.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
As a Graham Audio (Chartwell) LS6f owner too far away from any SAM labs, I've almost lost hope that the model will ever be SAMed.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
Would you not say that the Expert line is at the end of its design life?

I have several friend who have moved on from Devialet and all say that their new kit is a noticeable improvement from their Devialet

I'm beginning to think that its time to sell it while it is still worth something
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
I was talking with my dealer friend yesterday and he is seriously considering going back to selling the Expert range again. After all, it’s still a very good piece of kit.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Feb-2024, 21:50)Pim Wrote: I was talking with my dealer friend yesterday and he is seriously considering going back to selling the Expert range again. After all, it’s still a very good piece of kit.

Yes, extraordinarily configurable, single box. sounds great. It improves quite a bit with good support and a high quality mains cable. Its advantage is that its all in one nature stops you fiddling with stuff and getting tons of boxes and expensive interconnects for the same sound...
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

I have not seen any other amp which does look so good, has such a great remote and has all the configuration options.
And soundwise it is still difficult to find a better amp. A friend is just testing some very costly amps. Either they sound worse or only different.
There are amps with better SQ but they don't have a sub/pre out and no high pass to integrate a sub. Also SweetRoom can make a big difference (yes, usage is tricky).
A better DAC would be fine, but that requires a complete new design I think. The ADH system is internally using 40 bit/192 KHz, so higher rates from a DAC would not make sense.
In December last year i was able to attend a Dali Kore / Epicore 11 promo show.

One of the promoters, not a long term member of the staff, yet, freely admitted that he had rather rarely heard an amp making the Kore fully shine.
But Devialet had been close, he said. Unfortunately, he could not even remember which combo was used, D440, D1000 or even four Dxyz... But the Devialets impressed him...

Personally, i would have preferred the continuation of the Expert line over what they are doing now. It should have been worth it, esp. with rather modest modifications...
But, what i'm expecting from Devialet is the minimum level policy of a well known hi end brand: keep the devices in good health (repair, spare parts) and fix bugs (e.g. configurator)...