Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evident delay for gaming
Just acquired Gold Phantom and connected to my iMac through airplay.  It's a evident delay for 1-2 seconds for gaming which is quite disappointing.  It's find for video like movie or youtube etc, but unacceptable for gaming.  I don't think it's the problem for connection speed?  Does gaming require to another protocol for phantom to decode causing the delay?  

Anyone know if airplay 2 could help or else I have to think about selling it...
(28-Feb-2018, 08:23)stussyclie Wrote: Just acquired Gold Phantom and connected to my iMac through airplay.  It's a evident delay for 1-2 seconds for gaming which is quite disappointing.  It's find for video like movie or youtube etc, but unacceptable for gaming.  I don't think it's the problem for connection speed?  Does gaming require to another protocol for phantom to decode causing the delay?  

It’s a known byproduct of using Bluetooth/airplay and the built-in processing in the phantom that creates a lag. 1-2 seconds is extreme, you should be able to get to 250ms or so, but that would still feel laggy. 

It’s been discussed here many times. Phantom is not appropriate for live responses like gaming or playing an instrument. Sorry.
This subject has been discussed many times on this forum. Basically the delay is part of Phantom itself so there is no way to remove it unfortunately.
EDIT booshtukka beat me to it! Smile
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(28-Feb-2018, 08:34)booshtukka Wrote:
(28-Feb-2018, 08:23)stussyclie Wrote: Just acquired Gold Phantom and connected to my iMac through airplay.  It's a evident delay for 1-2 seconds for gaming which is quite disappointing.  It's find for video like movie or youtube etc, but unacceptable for gaming.  I don't think it's the problem for connection speed?  Does gaming require to another protocol for phantom to decode causing the delay?  

It’s a known byproduct of using Bluetooth/airplay and the built-in processing in the phantom that creates a lag. 1-2 seconds is extreme, you should be able to get to 250ms or so, but that would still feel laggy. 

It’s been discussed here many times. Phantom is not appropriate for live responses like gaming or playing an instrument. Sorry.
How to get to 250ms? it would be far better than 1-2 seconds? I am connecting through my wifi 5ghz by airplay
(28-Feb-2018, 08:34)booshtukka Wrote:

Or DJ’ing yet they still offer the Louis Vuitton travelling DJ case...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
but it is not known whether the Louis Vuitton kit entitles you to buy Phantoms with the 'delay-free' firmware...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
This is what really interests me. I'd LOVE to be able to use the Phantoms for DJing.

If they can do this in firmware, why can't this be a switch in software? High Quality mode, or Low Lag mode.
(28-Feb-2018, 13:54)booshtukka Wrote: This is what really interests me. I'd LOVE to be able to use the Phantoms for DJing.

If they can do this in firmware, why can't this be a switch in software? High Quality mode, or Low Lag mode.

+1

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Kii has done it in their THREE. See measurements in the Stereophile review https://www.stereophile.com/content/kii-...asurements .
Devialet should be able to do the same.
Devialetless!
If you can plug it in with Optical you'll notice basically no lag. That's how I use it and it's never displayed any signs of lay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)