Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex dem 130 pro
Hi all I’m in a bit a dilema i have at the moment an ex dem 130 pro its not mint but that’s expected. I’m thinking of returning it and paying the extra 995.00 for a new one. I’m just not sure its worth it but I’m really fussy.
I’m just wondering what people think is worth the discount or should i get a factory fresh one?.
(30-May-2018, 19:34)Moonsim70 Wrote: Hi all I’m in a bit a dilema i have at the moment an ex dem 130 pro its not mint but that’s expected. I’m thinking of returning it and paying the extra 995.00 for a new one. I’m just not sure its worth it but I’m really fussy.
I’m just wondering what people think is worth the discount or should i get a factory fresh one?.

I am not sure what the market is like where you are, but I would not be surprised if you could get a Euro 995 discount on a new 130 Pro, or if not Euro 995, maybe something close to this.  It might be worth a couple of 'phone calls?  Or maybe just haggle a bit with the dealer who has given you the demo unit, I'm sure you could reduce that 995 a little for a nice new one?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
If it was me if the cosmetics are the only concern, I would do nothing for a month, and then just keep it. But that being said, it's not my decision or money, but yours.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I’m still not sure what to do my 130 pro just sounds Devine. It brings a smile to my face when i listen and don’t want to go through the running in process. Just for info i sold all my naim equipment to make the switch to Devialet and don’t regret it one bit. I’m hearing things in the music that simply seemed to missing before. 
I’m just very fussy about my hifi and would really like an immaculate 130 pro as i plan to keep it for a few years.
Return it for a brand new 220Pro. It’s the best value Expert Pro. You have spent 90% of the money, not worth save the 10% to make you not 100% satisfaction.
(02-Jun-2018, 01:45)PeppaPig Wrote: Get a brand new 220Pro. It’s the best value Expert Pro.

Peppa

You took the words out of my mouth.

If I was moon, I would return the Demo 130 and take that cash and purchase
as 2rd hand 220 Pro CI in great shape.
He will be happier in the long run.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Ok, ooops, I did not realize he could return it, get his money back and buy a new one. If you have the funds to do that, then do so.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I had an ex-demo 130 Pro as well which I upgraded to the 220 Pro; the 130 had a few scratches and a window on the back was broken. It was 30% off. When I got it back it was all completely factory new. Was it worth the money? It depends, but both sound drivine, but because I am also fussy, I do love the fact that it's immaculate.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
I started with a 120, got my speakers SAMed (which opened up from 25Hz down to massiv 17 Hz). I hesitated a bit but after all it was the best decision to upgrade to the 220 Pro. It still keeps me wondering what potential is possible going further up the road with 440 or a 1000 Pro Smile
So my recommendation: if your speaker could make use of extra power as mine did, try a 220 before spending money for optical perfection.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Well I sent the 130 pro back paid the extra for the 220pro only to find out the unit was a 120 upgrade when I was told not!. The box also contained 2 cards one was a sandisk card with a config from 2016!!! Angry