Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM setting for Atohm GT1 and Dev200
Good to know, Stino, thanks.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(19-Mar-2018, 13:25)Flashman Wrote: Up to 407 views but no replies.  Perhaps I am one of the few who purchased the Devialet-specific Atohm GT1s.  Or perhaps those who did purchase them are not on this forum. Huh

The GT1 + 120 Pro combination was extremely popular and sold a lot!! Sometimes people just lazy to reply Wink

My Devialet journey also started with the Atohm GT1 special edition, and I upgraded my speaker few times, the GT1 is the only one I kept with my current main speaker because it sound so good at its price.

To me the GT1 heavily rely on SAM, turning SAM off makes huge difference. I always leave SAM on 100% and it sounded the best to me. My experience told me it sounds better than many speaker that few times more expensive than it when SAM is on. If you want to fine tune it, get a very good cable will help, depending the hearing style I prefer my GT1 on high purity silver cable, it make GT1 sound so airy... you will be surprised how good this combination can do. More than amazing.
(02-Jun-2018, 01:57)PeppaPig Wrote:
(19-Mar-2018, 13:25)Flashman Wrote: Up to 407 views but no replies.  Perhaps I am one of the few who purchased the Devialet-specific Atohm GT1s.  Or perhaps those who did purchase them are not on this forum. Huh

The GT1 + 120 Pro combination was extremely popular and sold a lot!! Sometimes people just lazy to reply Wink

My Devialet journey also started with the Atohm GT1 special edition, and I upgraded my speaker few times, the GT1 is the only one I kept with my current main speaker because it sound so good at its price.

To me the GT1 heavily rely on SAM, turning SAM off makes huge difference. I always leave SAM on 100% and it sounded the best to me. My experience told me it sounds better than many speaker that few times more expensive than it when SAM is on. If you want to fine tune it, get a very good cable will help, depending the hearing style I prefer my GT1 on high purity silver cable, it make GT1 sound so airy... you will be surprised how good this combination can do. More than amazing.
@PeppaPig, thanks for the response.  I used the Atohm GT1 for many years -- at 100 percent SAM -- and loved it.  I only recently moved to a different speaker but still recall fondly the wonderful sound with the GT1!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.