Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 250 Pro not Roon ready?
Bit of a strange issue: after updating to the 2020 Expert software (no idea if this has anything to do with it) my 250 shows ‘not Roon certified’. see pictures.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to solve this?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
Try full power off (unplug from the mains).
Some other tips&tricks here: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roonready-Not-certified
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Restarting both the Roon server and the 250 worked.
Many thanks!

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
Mine initially said Not Certified yet still worked. After about an hour, the Not Certified went away.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Roon connects with a database on the Roon site at regular intervals and one of the things it does is to check whether the end point, in our case our Devialets, is a certified Roon Ready device. It only makes that check at some regular interval. I suspect what's happening is that something in the info the Devialet reports to Roon when it connects changes when the firmware is updated. The Roon app on your server or computer notes the change and instead of checking back to the database just says "not certified". The amp will get recognised as Roon Ready the next time Roon does its regular check on Roon's database but restarting Roon and/or the Devialet can cause Roon to check the database immediately, solving the problem straight away rather than you having to wait for the next regular check by Roon.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia