Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External streamer or direct?
I have been streaming directly from my Roon server to the Expert Pro for a long time.  it seems to work well and I’m happy with the results.

I’ve gone down the rabbit hole on the web with building a Pi based streamer.  Gabster and others on YouTube talk about building a streamer (and DAC) and have designs and build kits.  This really appeals to the geek in me but I’m wondering what the results were for people that added a streamer to the mix?

If you use your system with a streamer can you tell me why you went that direction rather than streaming direct?  What changes or improvements did you get?
Devialet Expert 250 Pro| Wilson Audio Yvette | Audience AU24 SX powerChord | Audience Adept Response Power Conditioner | SilverSmith Audio Fidelium | Roon ROCK Lifetime | IsoAcoustics iso-puc, IsoAcoustics GAIA| Oppo UDP-205 | Tidal |
Hello

In my experience with a devialet 250 pro ci, a substantial improvement is possible with a DDC reclocking and feeding the Devialet with AES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
farad super 3 (12v, sr orange fuse, furutech rodium ac inlet) -> daphile / diy streamer -> audioquest cinnamon toslink -> denafrips gaia -> transparent reference aes/ebu -> devialet 250pro ci -> transparent mws xl -> proac 3.8.

solid tech hybrid rack, shunyata hydra 8, shunyata anaconda helix alpha, shunyata python helix vx, dc cable farad level 2, isoacoustics orea bronze, ansuz darkz d2t.
Have a look at this for ideas on making your own: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvu_doQfAI0&t=933s

I've tried and ordered a Holo Audio RED to go into the AES/EBU input and it definitely improves on the USB connection I've used for years. Ethernet doesn't even play in the same league.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
The Holo Audio Red is great! As @Pim mentioned via AES/EBU perfect match also for Devialet.
You can even run it in HQPlayer NAA mode with upsampling to 192/24 PCM to further improve things.
(22-Jan-2024, 21:41)markush Wrote: The Holo Audio Red is great! As @Pim mentioned via AES/EBU perfect match also for Devialet.
You can even run it in HQPlayer NAA mode with upsampling to 192/24 PCM to further improve things.

The problem is getting one. I ordered mine in August if I remember correctly. Still waiting.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Did you talk with magnahifi?
I ordered Red today from Magna. They had those in stock.