Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Filip's system
Rodney,

As you said in the end - every track is performance and that is great!

Small update: last night I put Soundcare superspikes under Devialets and speakers and positive change is quite noticable, especially for speaker's response.

The best thing happened when Vivids got pulled out from back wall and moved away from each other.

This is result:

1. Soundstage opened up

2. Mids got substance and more expression, louder in balance.

3. Highs were now with more definition and body, more extended with natural decay.

4. Bass in now almost tamed, went down quite low with more weight and colour. For the first time, sofa began to shake Big Grin During listening recordings with lots of bass, now my system sounds as the one with full size floorstander. It's really that good! My B1 Decade, which is limited edition, uses bass driver from Vivid Giya series (bigger magnet put as close as possible to the voice coil. So there is bigger flux and better driver control, better punch and I suppose more noticable lowest frequences.

Now, there is only left little boomy bass and that just with some "meatier" productions.

After successful experiment, I celebrated by playing my favourite SQ-check reference "Bullet In The Head" by Rage Against The Machine"........ FULL THROTTLE :-)))))

Filip[Image: b09196b2b910fbf73778bf0caac8fb33.jpg][Image: 32edf1f3e651d50472b4a8307e40cdd9.jpg][Image: 0d1a230fa390d196db67aa99cc1fba53.jpg]

Audience aR-6 TSS > Acrolink 7N P4030 II > D400 > Synergistic Research Element CTS > Vivid B1d
Audience aR-6 TSS / Melco N1ZH / Audio Research CD5 / D400 / Vivid B1D
Synergistic Research Atmosphere / SR Element C.T.S.
Gorgeous system & setup!

I'm using the Soundcare SuperSpikes underneath my ProAc Response D30R floorstanding speakers. I really haven't noticed any difference (good or bad) but I like the fact that I can easily move my speakers without the worry of scratching my hardwood floors.
very nice!!!!

I noticed you have a white led shining on the cabinet, what is it, where it it for and why do i not have this on my D200?
(13-Feb-2016, 12:39)samurai7595 Wrote: Gorgeous system & setup!

I'm using the Soundcare SuperSpikes underneath my ProAc Response D30R floorstanding speakers. I really haven't noticed any difference (good or bad) but I like the fact that I can easily move my speakers without the worry of scratching my hardwood floors.

Thanks Samurai,

I suppose in your case difference was not big probably because you didn't have such "problems" with your ProAc (excellent speakers btw) in your room. So, this is complementary for D30R and your listening room Wink

In most cases, pads, whether for electronics or speakers, have biggest impact when hi-fi rack/furniture resonates passing it (as u hum I guess) to electronics. The worse rack is (regarding acoustics/vibration), the bigger impact of pads is.

Equally is with speakers, but here it is also important their correlation with room (bass response, harshness, reverb-echo, etc...).

Moving speakers is also great benefit, I agree.

Filip

Audience aR-6 TSS > Acrolink 7N P4030 II > D400 > Synergistic Research Element CTS > Vivid B1d
(13-Feb-2016, 12:47)Xander Wrote: very nice!!!!

I noticed you have a white led shining on the cabinet, what is it, where it it for and why do i not have this on my D200?

Xander,

White led is on both Devialets, my D400 came in mono version (not as two D200), it's just for sake of design I guess.

Filip

Strange, I can not find the setting on the 200, but maybe it's a '400 thing' :-)

Will get my companion soon, will see then.
(13-Feb-2016, 17:47)Xander Wrote: Strange, I can not find the setting on the 200, but maybe it's a '400 thing' :-)

Will get my companion soon, will see then.

There is no setting for it, it's on all the time whether you've got a 200 or 400. Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(13-Feb-2016, 12:47)Xander Wrote: very nice!!!!

on mine its very faint and can only really be seen when its dark
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
You are right, I can see it in the dark :-)))

I have now also my companion and it's working on both....
After more experimenting last night here is another small positive change: now loudspeakers are totally toed-in, turned directly to the listening position.

For this room I think SQ maximum is achieved and the best result by far considering the sheer size of the soundstage, focus and bass response.

Classical, rock, pop, electronica, acoustic, vocals etc... Everything just goes as expected from the certain musical genre.

For the first time, I can freely say I have totally allrounder hifi. Me so happy Smile)

[Image: ca22929eb89c15186180a2c7a733a0f8.jpg]