Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally a white power cable with Gold phantom
I got confirmation from devialet that Gold phantoms have WHITE (not yellow) power cable.... that's a big plus
just preordered 2 to replace my D200 - can't wait
Im surprised they didn't put on a red one
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Given they sell them through Apple stores, white will blend in nicely.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Jul-2016, 18:04)Olivier4444 Wrote: I got confirmation from devialet that Gold phantoms have WHITE (not yellow) power cable.... that's a big plus

Where did you pre-order? 

And yes, noticed that they finally changed the cable to white which is a good and overdue modification.
(08-Jul-2016, 18:04)Olivier4444 Wrote: I got confirmation from devialet that Gold phantoms have WHITE (not yellow) power cable.... that's a big plus

Do you se it as down scaling or an upgrade? Tempted to order Gold Phantom, but D200 is also an option.
I'd say whether D200 vs Phantom Gold is downscaling or upgrade depends on the speaker one runs with the D200....Smile
(08-Jul-2016, 22:35)MountainGuy Wrote: I'd say whether D200 vs Phantom Gold is downscaling or upgrade depends on the speaker one runs with the D200....Smile

Intresting, that what My dealer also said.. Smile

I am thinking of sonus faber Venere 2.5 level. Can Phantom gold compete with these and D200?
(09-Jul-2016, 09:45)Toni Wrote:
(08-Jul-2016, 22:35)MountainGuy Wrote: I'd say whether D200 vs Phantom Gold is downscaling or upgrade depends on the speaker one runs with the D200....Smile

Intresting, that what My dealer also said.. Smile

I am thinking of sonus faber Venere 2.5 level. Can Phantom gold compete with these and D200?

Nobody has actually heard a Phantom Gold yet have they?  Not outside of Devialet HQ at least.  The thing is, it might be no better than the Silver, or just fractionally better.  Or.....   It might be utterly epic!  It's just a bit too soon for this debate, but next week, the Gold will be out in the wild.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(08-Jul-2016, 19:20)MountainGuy Wrote:

Where did you pre-order? 

And yes, noticed that they finally changed the cable to white which is a good and overdue modification.

http://shop.sightandsoundgallery.com/Dev...Avwc8P8HAQ

For those in the US - anyone know about the reliability of this website? Showing 1-2 day availability for the Gold...
Do not believe that sightandsoundgallery's stock statements are accurate. Check reviews. The claim to have white tree etc in stock also when Devialet does not have them currently in stock.