Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware
(18-Jun-2020, 08:30)K4680 Wrote: Dear Devialet Team,
I hope some of you are reading this!  Here is an example of how to operate active customer service!  After all, you also live from us, your loyal customers!  Not so sure, the tide can turn quickly.  Sad

Here is an example of how to do it:

https://blog.roonlabs.com/roon-1-7-build-571/
Actually, having Roon do the front end development for our shiny lumps of Devialet metal has been inspirational. Every slick new Roon feature distracts us from the software vacuum over in France. Am not sure there are any software development staff over there as we don’t even get rumours of rumours.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
The ethernet and wifi inputs on the Devialet got me interested in streaming. Roon got me out of listening to music from disc sources. It takes a combination of hardware and software to provide a really great streaming experience but Roon made Devialet's AIR protocol really work and then we got the Devialet Roon Ready update but with bugs which made things even better for me overall. I've worked around the bugs and I really like the combination of Roon and Devialet.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
When I first bought an Expert 200 in mid 2015, I had a very difficult time using Devialet AIR (as did most I eventually learned). But I was a big LMS/Squeezebox fan so I simply streamed LMS to a Squeezebox in front of my Expert 200. When I first heard that Roon was directly supporting Squeezeboxes as endpoints in late 2015, I dumped LMS and bought a lifetime license to Roon after a short trial period. Best decision I ever made.

Later, when Roon announced integration of AIR, I was ecstatic and quickly switched to using AIR to my Expert via Roon. Another huge win for Roon. Now, 4 1/2 years later, I cannot imagine listening to music without Roon. They have done an amazing job, not just with their software, but with their proactive forums, communication and support. Nothing is perfect and there are certainly areas they can (and likely will) improve, but if you're looking for best practices, Roon is about the best I've seen.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Looks like I got my 250 Pro in December 2016 and upgraded Ito to the CI a year or so later. I have used Roon more or less since I got my kit via AIR or whatever was available initially. Am using Roon Ready and have been since it was released by Devialet.I have had the odd glitch with tracks jumping now and again but am pretty sure none of this comes down to Devialet. 

Point is, I do not claim to be a technical expert in any form but I do know what makes technical sense and knew instantly the idea of Tidal - Roon - Devialet made my musical life much more pleasurable than a jumble of CDs or records. As the Devialet also integrates into my AV setup reasonably easily with a minimal footprint, it really is hard to fault.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Anfrage #240577Dropouts with 1gb connection

Marco Kohler
Am Mittwoch um 17:43
My current Switch is defect and I replaced it with an unmanaged one. Since then I've a lot of dropouts with streaming through roon with RAAT or AIR. I had this issue also before, but I had the possibility to configure the switch to 100mb. No I don't. Any idea?
Manson
Am Donnerstag um 07:52
Hello Marco,

Hope you are well.

As I know, when you are using Roon Raat, you can configure the output to 100Mb to avoid the drop out issue.

And if you are using Roon with Devialet Air instead, you should be able to stream with the highest quality.

Have you tried these options already? If not, please explain your setup more precisely then I will get the question to escalate to my engineer.

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Manson | Customer service & support Devialet
Marco Kohler
Am Donnerstag um 19:21
Hi Manson

Yes, I know with the settings with 100Mb, but my new Switch (Linksys LGS105) has no option to do that as it is an unmanaged switch. Is there any other possibility?

Best,
Marco
Manson
Am Freitag um 05:14
Hello Marco,

Thanks for your reply.

At the moment, 1GB ethernet connection is not compatible with our product. But I am now consulting with my engineer about what is the best connection method for your setup that can ensure the same high quality of music.

I will get back to you.
Best,
Marco Kohler
Am Freitag um 07:10
Hi Manson
Is there a fix or a plan when a fix is coming about that problem?
Best,
Marco
Manson
Gestern um 12:44
Dear Marco,

Hope you are well.

At the moment, I haven't received any information about an ethernet upgrade. Such feedbacks and suggestions are well collected and refereed to our management and engineering team.

Since Devialet is always planning for exciting improvements with our product, we could not fulfill all the requests as fast as we wished.

But please stay tuned with us, as we have already planned for a series of upgrades into our system.

Best,

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
“We have already planned for a series of upgrades into our system”

Let’s hope that system has the word “Expert” in it somewhere as well as being a feast of audio delights.

(23-Jun-2020, 07:54)marco.kohler.169 Wrote: Anfrage #240577Dropouts with 1gb connection

"Marco Kohler
Am Mittwoch um 17:43
My current Switch is defect and I replaced it with an unmanaged one. Since then I've a lot of dropouts with streaming through roon with RAAT or AIR. I had this issue also before, but I had the possibility to configure the switch to 100mb. No I don't. Any idea?"

Marco, I had a similar issue with my expert pro 220. I found a 25 euro fix (at least it's working fine so far): I bought a basic 10/100 5-port switch. Connected 1 port to my gigabit switch and 1 port to the Devialet. Issue resolved as far as I can tell.
I do not really habe the problem. I tried to get a hint to this beta firmware. I‘m sure it doesn‘t exist...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Manson is someone who I communicated with over many months about the 1gig RAAT problem.  I have had the problem (but only with RAAT) and it is easily reproducible.  My workaround is using the 100mbps switch.  The one thing I can say is that Manson is consistent in his messaging.    He also told me that they are working on an update.

His line..."Since Devialet is always planning for exciting improvements with our product, we could not fulfill all the requests as fast as we wished."  is a hoot.  Hard to imagine he typed that with a straight face.   
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
How do you reproduce the problem? In contrast to most of the users, I did not have such a problem in my system. The only difference between my system and most of others' is that I use two different switches between the audio-related components(Mac Mini, Devialet) and other network devices(such as NAS, TV, Internet Router). These two switches are connected to each other by using a fiber-optic connection. The Ethernet outputs on these switches are all Gigabit-Ethernet enabled. I can play large DSD256, DSD64 audio files over the network by using Roon(it converts the DSD256 stream to DSD64)
Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2