Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note

Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
Strange...
Maybe you should install the firmware again. Maybe something went wrong on the first installation.
I have seen this as well. I think it was turning blue if I change the balance setting.
Yes, that is correct. If I set the balance to 0 the digits turn white. However, I have always had 4 % right and they were never blue before.

Mystery solved, thanks
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
Just tried it on my 14 Pro. With balance at 0, the volume level is shown in white, If I change the balance to either left or right the volume level is shown in blue.

It looks like this may be a feature, not a bug. It's an indication that the balance has been shifted to one side. It might be better if the volume level showed in two colours other than white, one for a balance shift to the right and the other for a balance shift to the left. but it's probably a bit much to ask for them to display even more info since they don't like telling owners what's going on,
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I realized this morning and just by chance I found out why the sound level turned blue.
I should have read these posts earlier.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Sweet Room (EQ) configuration selections don't seem to be persistent. Whenever I power on my Devialet they revert to the Main EQ setting, even if I've selected the Alternate setting before powering down. Is anyone else seeing this?
(24-Oct-2020, 10:42)David A Wrote: Just tried it on my 14 Pro. With balance at 0, the volume level is shown in white, If I change the balance to either left or right the volume level is shown in blue.

It looks like this may be a feature, not a bug. It's an indication that the balance has been shifted to one side. It might be better if the volume level showed in two colours other than white, one for a balance shift to the right and the other for a balance shift to the left. but it's probably a bit much to ask for them to display even more info since they don't like telling owners what's going on,
Strange.  On my Expert 220 Pro, the volume indicators are shown in blue.  I checked my balance and it is at "0."
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
It is so, as soon as the balance is shifted, the display changes to blue! 
White font: Balance = 0
Blue font: Balance shifted left or right

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(24-Oct-2020, 15:35)K4680 Wrote: It is so, as soon as the balance is shifted, the display changes to blue! 
White font: Balance = 0
Blue font: Balance shifted left or right

Solved, thanks.  I was mistakenly looking at the blue dots vs. the readout of the volume, which does change to blue after a balance shift.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.