Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note
(09-Oct-2020, 22:35)arnoveldhoven Wrote:
(06-Oct-2020, 16:41)mdconnelly Wrote: I won't have a chance to download this update until probably this weekend.    Has anyone had a chance to try it while playing hi-res music via Roon RAAT on a gigabit ethernet connection?    Their release notes state "improvements in Roon Ready..." and do not explicitly state a solution to this bug.    I will certainly test once I get a chance.

I tried it but my problem stays the same. Dropouts while playing music.

Yep, for me as well.   Far fewer than before but there are still occasional dropouts - particularly with 96 or 192 kHz music at 24 bits. I see it at least on nearly every track I play at 96khz or 192khz 24bit.   I’ve not seen it yet with 16 bit tracks.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Some tutorial for RAW & Devialet: https://pbxbook.com/other/devialeteq.html
this tutorial is full of errors. In some of the sample screenshots all filters are names EQ_1_L. Should be a running number from 1 to 9.
If alandbush is right you should also select the rephase EQ setting to get correct values for Sweet Room. That makes a big difference.
(10-Oct-2020, 01:08)alandbush Wrote: Not all equalisers use the same formulae and Roon and Sweet Room are different.

That is very unfortunate! I didn't know Q could be calculated differently, but of course that is me being uninformed! You have shown how to display the difference in REW, but how do we export correct Q values if we follow Mike's suggestions?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(09-Oct-2020, 17:32)alandbush Wrote:
(09-Oct-2020, 16:53)BoyScout Wrote:
(09-Oct-2020, 13:04)ada Wrote: Order a mic, measure the response in REW and run REW EQ to calculate an EQ treatment. It will give you all the params you need Freq, Q and Gain. You will apply that to your config and you are good to go.
Please, would you let me know where to write the params we need? Where is that file, in the configurator? No. In the new firmware?
How to find it?

Extracted from the Devialet Sweet room web page

I've got my desired setting. How can I apply it to the Expert Pro?

Simply edit the eq.txt file and save it. Then copy and paste it to the root directory of your SD Card with your Expert configuration file.
Hi alandbush, where did you find the eq.txt template file? In the Sweet Room page they're speaking about a link that doesn't exist.
It does exist. Scroll down. There are two files:

EQ.TXT(2 KB)
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...379/eq.txt

SWEET ROOM PACKAGE.ZIP(500 KB)
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ackage.zip
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(10-Oct-2020, 13:08)Delija Wrote: It does exist. Scroll down. There are two files:

EQ.TXT(2 KB)
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...379/eq.txt

SWEET ROOM PACKAGE.ZIP(500 KB)
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ackage.zip

Thank you Delija, meanwhile I found it.
(10-Oct-2020, 01:08)alandbush Wrote:
(09-Oct-2020, 23:03)Bartype Wrote:
(08-Oct-2020, 22:20)Dan Wrote: I would be curious if anyone out there has tried the sweet room DSP and can compare the SQ to measuring your room and generating filters in REW and adding them in ROON? Is the sound quality better if the DSP is done in the Devialet? It certainly is easier to generate several sets of filters in REW put them in ROON and then you can quickly A/B them.

Well, i have tried put a simple one frequency setting within Roon and exactly the same settings within sweet room. I can tell Roon is sounding much better with this same setting compared to Sweet room, which sounds flat... Or i am doing something wrong.

Not all equalisers use the same formulae and Roon and Sweet Room are different.

For example

Roon
For the Peaking filters the bandwidth in Hz between the half gain points is given by:

Bandwidth = centre frequency/Q

100hz  6db  Q=7.079

Sweet Room
For the Peaking filters the bandwidth in Hz between the half gain points is given by:

Bandwidth = sqrt(gain)*centre frequency/Q

100hz  6db  Q=10

As you can see, the Q values are different in generating the same filter shape.

You can convert Roon filters to Sweet Room filters by using REW.
Within REW, select EQ tab, choose the 'Generic' equaliser for Roon, enter the filter values then change the equaliser to 'Rephase'.

GREAT, thank you, i'll try this out!
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
(10-Oct-2020, 10:11)ogs Wrote:
(10-Oct-2020, 01:08)alandbush Wrote: Not all equalisers use the same formulae and Roon and Sweet Room are different.
You have shown how to display the difference in REW, but how do we export correct Q values if we follow Mike's suggestions?

I have only quickly scanned Mike's guide but the export of the Rephase filters can use the same process, I.e. export as text and then amend the resultant file appropriately.
Rephase filters can also be exported as an xml file but this will still need amending accordingly.

However, REW author, John Mulcahy is a very amenable man, if asked politely. He often replies to questions on the REW forum.
He may well add Devialet Sweet Room as an Equaliser together with the generation of an appropriately formatted text file.

Perhaps, Devialet could make an official approach.  Big Grin
(10-Oct-2020, 14:20)alandbush Wrote: However, REW author, John Mulcahy is a very amenable man, if asked politely.  He often replies to questions on the REW forum.
He may well add Devialet Sweet Room as an Equaliser together with the generation of an appropriately formatted text file.

That is a very good idea!
As I do not own a Expert amplifier any more I suggest someone who do push this suggestion forward. Either via Devialet or direct to Mr Mulcahy on the REW forum  Smile
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB