Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 8.1.4
(11-Dec-2015, 17:04)warpeon Wrote: Someone in Hong Kong reported from SAM lab visit that upnp will be supported sometime next year. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If this is true this would be a really good thing. If this happens I can get rid of my Aries and use Bubble UPnP app on my tablet to stream directly to my D400 or at least compare the two and se what is the best sounding solution.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I talked to Paul of Devialet during my speaker being SAMed in Hong Kong, he said there will be an update on January 2016, then another one on May/June during the Munich show. He said there will be a big surprise for the update. I asked whether it is DSD128 decode and he said no...
FFYX turntable Soundsmith Boheme Cartridge
Rockna Wavedream Net CD / File player
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

The update with surprise you referring to is the January or mid-year one? Thanks
(14-Dec-2015, 08:56)elo Wrote: I talked to Paul of Devialet during my speaker being SAMed in Hong Kong, he said there will be an update on January 2016, then another one on May/June during the Munich show.  He said there will be a big surprise for the update.  I asked whether it is DSD128 decode and he said no...

I hope it's the possibility to shift time-delays at runtime Smile
Andy maybe an automatic measurement, where the subwoofer is tuned to optimum response by automatically calibrating the time delay of the speakers and sub Smile

Angel

Maybe they add some voicing feature where you can tune the sound to different signatures.

Really bad that the update does not come to Christmas...
Hope they finally integrate room correction.
+1 on room correction

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Just left the Devialet event in Hong Kong. Upnp/dlna in the roadmap (no clear timeline). Major update at Munich show. February will have a firmware update.
Real shame they don't deliver the firmware update in december when we would have time to play...
Block PS100 Custom turntable/ Soundsmith Carmen - Kimber KS1011
Aurali Aries LE - Kimber USB  /  Oyaide FTVS 510
AVM Evolution CD3 - Oyaide FTVS 510
D200 - Kimber 12TC all clear - Ayon Gyrfalcon
HMS Energia RC1 mains filter- Fisch Audio power wires
Stuttgart, Germany
Sad too
Probably better that way. It's been a track record that the new firmware only become stable until 3rd/4th release. Imagine it is released today and you play your favorite song during Christmas and came white noise. U have no support until mid Jan. By Feb, everyone is back to work and should be able to make the necessary bug fix releases.