Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 9.0.1
(23-Dec-2015, 17:40)Floyd67 Wrote: Hi Guillaume, Devialet has removed the 8.1.3 download from the downloads area. I wonder if you could repost the link to share it on Google drive please. I think you uploaded there once before. Thanks and regards.

Hi - here's the official 8.1.3 release:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B37I6R9...sp=sharing

And here's the beta 8.1.3 release which came out just before the official one and arguably sounded a little better despite there being barely any logical difference !) :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B37I6R9...sp=sharing
(23-Dec-2015, 12:35)Confused Wrote: Just upgraded to 9.0.1.  Now I was intrigued by Devialet's words "Suppression of the possible crosstalk between the LINE1 input (RCA3/4) and PHONO input (RCA5/6)."  Would this reduce the phono hiss?  Well, Dr Tone has already reported that it appeared to be much the same, which was disappointing.  Anyway, ever the optimist I decided to check the issue using the scientific method.  Still on 8.1.3, I selected the phono input and took two decibel readings using an iPhone app.  One with the Devialet set to 0dB, another at -15dB, which is about as loud as I ever listen to vinyl.  This was done with the iPhone basically shoved within millimetres of one of the speakers Uni-q drivers.  I then updated to 9.0.1 and repeated the experiment.  The results were absolutely identical between the two firmware versions, zero difference.  So no improvement, which is disappointing, but I can at least confirm Dr Tone's ears are working more or less as they should.

Thanks for the confirmation on my ears.   Big Grin
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Hi Moreno1973,

After listening for 9.0.1 for a while, I switch back to 7.1.3.
Immediately this brings a smile on my face.
Itzhak Perlman's violin doesn't sound as natural in 9.0.1 compare to 7.1.3.
i feel the emotion from the ballads from Emilie-Claire Barlow and Tord Gustavsen's piano has less sibilants...

Perhaps 7.1.3 is the reason that i acquired my Devialet (the time which the firmware was released).
And this firmware is probably going to stay for some time.

Not to discourage the folks using 9.0.1, it is probably my system that plays a part.
Hope to hear more feedback from rest of the guys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Nice to know that Someone has similar opinions:-)
I agree with that quote, ,,brings a smile on my face"
and 7.1.3 is the reason I STILL OWN 200;-)

Best regards
Chris
I asked Devialet when Spark would be integrated with Expert - here is their response:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message.
I confirm that this version does not include a Spark integration. Actually, Spark integration is not yet planned.
Very best regards,
Roger
Customer Care
For more information, please visit our support site Devialet Support

Not sure how other feel about this but my view is it is an issue with other products offering an interface for amplifiers to manage music (streaming or stored). Also when I purchased my Expert (over 12 months ago now) I asked if there was software to manage music and was told Spark was due impenitently. While Spark is available for Phantom I feel cheated that it may not ever be available for Expert (given this was a major selling point for me) and I am now considering looking for an alternative. Devialet's approach to this is extremely out dated and will put sales at risk.
Down under (NZ)
- System-1: MacBook Pro running Spark / Roon | D200 | TMC Gold Reference Speaker Cables | USHER CP-8571-D
- System-2: MacBook Pro running Spark | Dialog | Phantom Silver

(23-Dec-2015, 22:24)LEPPAL Wrote: I asked Devialet when Spark would be integrated with Expert - here is their response:

Dear Sir,
I confirm that this version does not include a Spark integration. Actually, Spark integration is not yet planned.
Very best regards,
Roger
Customer Care

Not sure how other feel about this but my view is it is an issue with other products offering an interface for amplifiers to manage music (streaming or stored). Also when I purchased my Expert (over 12 months ago now) I asked if there was software to manage music and was told Spark was due impenitently. While Spark is available for Phantom I feel cheated that it may not ever be available for Expert (given this was a major selling point for me) and I am now considering looking for an alternative. Devialet's approach to this is extremely out dated and will put sales at risk.

Be Calm and enjoy music. Foobar, computer, Air or USB and NAS drive gives You a lot of pleasure. BTW, Devialet is changing its opinions and plans easily. There is going to be a serious firmware in May 2016. Maybe They suprise us with new breakthgrouhWink
After 24h I downgrade back to 8.1.3 one thing for sure .. 9.0.1 has more bass but not on the good side ...
the base is boomy.
I think that maybe it good that 9.0.1 has bass extension ...
So I am planning to upgrade again and run IRC then I will have full picture .
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

I'm very pleased with the 9.0.1 firmware update. I too suffer hiss from the phono stage having selected the Lyra Kleos cartridge defaults in Le Configurateur. This must be gain structure related. This hiss occurs when no music is playing and the volume is cranked. But this was also the case on my ASR Basis Exclusive phono stage when I was using that in my system prior to making the switch to Devialet and the "less is more" approach to audio equipment. There is the constant tradeoff between high gain and signal to noise.
Devialet 400, Wilson Sophia 2, VPI Super Scoutmaster with SDS and 3D tonearm, Lyra Kleos, Audience AU24SE Low Z tonearm cable, Kubala Sosna Emotion Speaker Cables, Audience AU24 Power Cables, Audioquest Wild (Custom) S/PDIF to AES/EBU, CEC TL3N CD Transport.
Do you still get the full advantage of 7.1.3 without the "old" configuration file? Of will it sound different of you use a configuration file that you make new in le configurator?
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(23-Dec-2015, 22:24)LEPPAL Wrote: I asked Devialet when Spark would be integrated with Expert - here is their response:

Dear Sir,
Very best regards,
Roger
Customer Care

I understand your anger. Software development is not Devialet's strong-suit. I too waited for dialog to be finally supported to have a good streamer. As a temporary solution I bought a new Chromecast audio with toslink connection. You probably spent more even for your cheapest cable. To my surprise it is as good as Devialet Air quality wise and app support is great. Most likely I will not buy dialog anymore. I heard stories about 30W power consumption and heat issues for Dialog while Chromecast can run days of my old Mobile USB-charger (1A 5V). Dialog just does not seem to be efficient, the design seems to be outdated already and you will be totally dependent on Devialet's software, while you have tons of possibility with open source on Chromecast. Just my thoughts as a temporary solution for you. And maybe you're gonna like it as much as i do ;-)
I just got an auralic Aries mini (with less 12 hrs of playing) With Regen and jitterbug, I think it is quite good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk