Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 9.0.1
(23-Dec-2015, 22:24)LEPPAL Wrote: I asked Devialet when Spark would be integrated with Expert - here is their response:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message.
I confirm that this version does not include a Spark integration. Actually, Spark integration is not yet planned.
Very best regards,
Roger
Customer Care
For more information, please visit our support site Devialet Support

Not sure how other feel about this but my view is it is an issue with other products offering an interface for amplifiers to manage music (streaming or stored). Also when I purchased my Expert (over 12 months ago now) I asked if there was software to manage music and was told Spark was due impenitently. While Spark is available for Phantom I feel cheated that it may not ever be available for Expert (given this was a major selling point for me) and I am now considering looking for an alternative. Devialet's approach to this is extremely out dated and will put sales at risk.

I am a little puzzled by this post.  Are you asking about Spark specifically or Dialog compatibility with the Expert range, which are slightly different things?  For example, you could envisage Spark, say on an iPhone, streaming music directly to a Devialet in much the same way the current Devialet iPhone app does.  No Dialog required.  So I am not quite sure what the intent of your question is.  If you are asking specifically about Dialog compatibility with Expert, then Devialet support may have misinterpreted this one.  Maybe there was previous correspondence that would put this in context?
Well have now taken plunge and installed 9.0.1. Must admit that I can not, personally, hear any great difference in SQ, but then again I wasn't really expecting to, given the Devialet synopsis on the changes made in this Firmware update - but then again I have not heard any real differences in SQ in any of the recent Firmware updates - must be my "aging" ears Big Grin.

Everything is still sounding fine to me, and life still to short to worry about minutia Wink.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
After some time listening to 9.0.1, I have to say I quite like this one. Interesting for me is that I thought the sound staging appeared to better, more precise. I noticed Floyd67 noted that the sound stage seemed narrower. I wonder if we are somehow hearing the same thing in different ways / systems? I recall F1eng posting that he never thought the sound staging was as good after he upgraded his D-Premiers. Wild speculation, but maybe something has been "fixed" here.

As for the bass and treble issues other mentioned, I cannot hear anything that I would consider a backward step, overall I think this one sounds excellent.
Seems warmer in the mids and highs and gives a bit more more bass. Slightly less soundstage width.
Not sure wether I like it or not.

EDIT: I'm back at 8.1.3. I did like the warmth of the mids, but not at the cost of soundstage width / airiness.
The bass definitely wasn't better with the new firmware.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
With 9.01 i had a longer hearingsession. Marginal differences to 8.13 b. There are more differences in switching off the light or warmer chassistemps. In this Version nobody needs 9.01.(except forD-900 owners.) Confused
Devialet 250 pro ci, Linn Akurate G-Hub Nr.15 with clock upgrade, Linn G-Sneaky No.6, Pro-ject Perspektive Anniversary, Harbeth SHL5Plus, Synology DS218+, two subwoofer Canton 50k, Audioquest cable, Kimber Cable 12tc.

Germany.
(24-Dec-2015, 09:07)KraaijCheck Wrote: Do you still get the full advantage of 7.1.3 without the "old" configuration file? Of will it sound different of you use a configuration file that you make new in le configurator?

Nobody?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(02-Dec-2015, 20:46)JRR Wrote: No, the only option on ASIO Driver mask is Devialet USB Asio Driver

(24-Dec-2015, 09:20)runlonger Wrote:
(23-Dec-2015, 22:24)LEPPAL Wrote: I asked Devialet when Spark would be integrated with Expert - here is their response:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message.
I confirm that this version does not include a Spark integration. Actually, Spark integration is not yet planned.
Very best regards,
Roger
Customer Care
For more information, please visit our support site Devialet Support

Not sure how other feel about this but my view is it is an issue with other products offering an interface for amplifiers to manage music (streaming or stored). Also when I purchased my Expert (over 12 months ago now) I asked if there was software to manage music and was told Spark was due impenitently. While Spark is available for Phantom I feel cheated that it may not ever be available for Expert (given this was a major selling point for me) and I am now considering looking for an alternative. Devialet's approach to this is extremely out dated and will put sales at risk.

I understand your anger. Software development is not Devialet's strong-suit. I too waited for dialog to be finally supported to have a good streamer. As a temporary solution I bought a new Chromecast audio with toslink connection. You probably spent more even for your cheapest cable. To my surprise it is as good as Devialet Air quality wise and app support is great. Most likely I will not buy dialog anymore. I heard stories about 30W power consumption and heat issues for Dialog while Chromecast can run days of my old Mobile USB-charger (1A 5V). Dialog just does not seem to be efficient, the design seems to be outdated already and you will be totally dependent on Devialet's software, while you have tons of possibility with open source on Chromecast. Just my thoughts as a temporary solution for you. And maybe you're gonna like it as much as i do ;-)

the more I hear about chromecast audio the more im tempted to try it
off to see what apps there are for iOS
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(24-Dec-2015, 14:57)Cylob Wrote: Seems warmer in the mids and highs and gives a bit more more bass. Slightly less soundstage width.
Not sure wether I like it or not.

EDIT: I'm back at 8.1.3. I did like the warmth of the mids, but not at the cost of soundstage width / airiness.
The bass definitely wasn't better with the new firmware.

IMO great soundstage plus more musicality in the mids and highs is offering 7.1.3 comparing to 8.1.3
Why not use Roon as a front end , superior to anything else out there..
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(25-Dec-2015, 06:05)Rodney Gold Wrote: Why not use Roon as a front end , superior to anything else out there..

Hello, I got a very simple setup. External hard disc connected to my MacBook (snow leopard) then USB connect to D200 playing with iTunes. Air did not work out for me. So how can I use Roon? What is SBT and Dirac..... In your setup? Interested! BTW G1 is my dream speaker. Mine is a 1.5.