Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 9.0.1
Gave 9.0.1 a 2 weeks long try and consider it as the best version I ever heard all along my Devialet journey. Precise articulation, prominent details, realism, deep and tense bass, corporeal and sensual medium, soundstage under control (no lag nor trail)... so musical with Apertura.
Wondering whether running 9.0.1 on a D400 configuration would be a real plus compared to what D200 already delivers.
Turntable VPI Traveler (Dynav. 10x5) - Drive Moon Néo 260D - Devialet D400 - LS Apertura Edena - Phono cable Nordost Blue Heaven - Modulation cable AES/EBU Kharma Matrix Reference - Loudspeaker cables Kharma Matrix Reference
(20-Feb-2016, 01:45)Christophe Wrote: Wondering whether running 9.0.1 on a D400 configuration would be a real plus compared to what D200 already delivers.

The difference between the D200 and D400 will be far larger than that of firmware sound changes. Of course the firmware upgrade is infinitely less expensive then upgrading hardware. Enjoy the free improvement to sound quality since you like 9.0.1 best.
(20-Feb-2016, 01:45)Christophe Wrote: Gave 9.0.1 a 2 weeks long try and consider it as the best version I ever heard all along my Devialet journey. Precise articulation, prominent details, realism, deep and tense bass, corporeal and sensual medium, soundstage under control (no lag nor trail)... so musical with Apertura.
Wondering whether running 9.0.1 on a D400 configuration would be a real plus compared to what D200 already delivers.

Enjoy! I myself experience that Devialet and AperturA is an association that does wonders!
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Did not do 901. from 8.x.x series went back to 731. I m loving my set up once again.

Never tried 901, after reading this thread and as it seems 901 is similar to 8xx, I went back to 731. 8xx sounds too digital.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(20-Feb-2016, 02:37)deviousalet Wrote:
(20-Feb-2016, 01:45)Christophe Wrote: Wondering whether running 9.0.1 on a D400 configuration would be a real plus compared to what D200 already delivers.

The difference between the D200 and D400 will be far larger than that of firmware sound changes. Of course the firmware upgrade is infinitely less expensive then upgrading hardware. Enjoy the free improvement to sound quality since you like 9.0.1 best.

Had the chance to give a 2 weeks long (home) try to the D400 and can confirm it moves the music playback and the listening experience 1 (2?) step(s) beyond. Just a whole different world where sound reproduction has been impressing me a lot (kind of "wow!" effect which I was not suspecting, tough expecting).
Made the decision to offer my D200 a companion which landed on home 1 day ago... and the very first rounds confirm (not to say, overstep) my former listening sessions and feeling.
Note 1: the companion came with a 9.0.2 FW version... certainly coming soon as the next official release.
Note 2: the 9.0 FW family is a breaking point with the typical and initial digital sound of the 7.0 one. Seems that we have been entering the analog Dev era, which combines the best of digital processing and analog reproduction.... Sign of maturity, IMO!
Turntable VPI Traveler (Dynav. 10x5) - Drive Moon Néo 260D - Devialet D400 - LS Apertura Edena - Phono cable Nordost Blue Heaven - Modulation cable AES/EBU Kharma Matrix Reference - Loudspeaker cables Kharma Matrix Reference
(10-Mar-2016, 05:27)Jnan_devi Wrote: Did not do 901. from 8.x.x series went back to 731. I m loving my set up once again.

Never tried 901, after reading this thread and as it seems 901 is similar to 8xx, I went back to 731. 8xx sounds too digital.

I have used 9.0.1 for some weeks now. Before that I used 7.1.3 which I loved! My plan is to go back to 7.1.3 at some point to check the difference. 9.0.1 is less "digital" sounding than 8.x and as such suits my taste and system better than 8.x. My reaction just after the change from 7.1.3 to 9.0.1 was that I lost some character in the bass and mid-bass. As if channel separation in the bass is limited in 9.0.1. 7.1.3 has this special ability to present sounds in the listening room as opposed to within the sound stage. Bass in particular. I will know more when I switch back to 7.1.3 at some point, but 9.0.1 is very good. Probably better than all previous version from lower mids and up.

Regarding 9.0.1 vs 9.0.2, Roger at Devialet support has informed me that: "9.0.2 is actually the equivalent of 9.0.1 at our factory. It does not had any features, bug correction or evolution."
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
It looks like opinions vary here, I prefer 9.0.1 to the much loved 7.1.3. I did switch back to try 7.1.3 a while back, soon reverted back, for me 9.0.1 is the more 'analogue' sounding version.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
just switched to 9.01, also tried SAM again, but much prefer to turn it off and delay the main speakers to blend in with the subs.

Listening now to Eric Clapton 70 years concert on blu-ray, great concert.
Main Set: Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Wadia 381i, Ayre DX-5 dsd, NBS Black label / Omega 1, Crystal Dreamline, Cardas Clear, Ansuz Ceramic, Aurender N100H, purpose build rack Bubinga wood (175kg rack only)

Second set: Devialet 200, Raidho X1, JL Audio F110 Subs (2x), Oppo BDP103D with audiopraise board, Melco N1A, Uptone Regen, and lots of Ansuz goodies
(02-Apr-2016, 09:56)Confused Wrote: It looks like opinions vary here, I prefer 9.0.1 to the much loved 7.1.3.  I did switch back to try 7.1.3 a while back, soon reverted back, for me 9.0.1 is the more 'analogue' sounding version.

That's been my experience. I reverted to 7.1.3 and it didn't sound as "real". I do notice significantly increased bass with 9.0.1 - I have to turn it to -2 on the bass tone control to approximate the same tonal balance.
  Cheers,
   Graeme
Roon Lifetime, HQPlayer with Acourate RC,Devialet 220 Pro,Synology NAS,AcourateNAS, MinimServer,Moon Mind 180 AES/EBU currently w. Canare Cable,W7 PC JRiver 20, AcouratePro, 15' Belkin USB. Linn LP12,Cetech,OL1,Denon 103R,VAF Signature i66 Mk.11,VAF Gravitas SW
I found 9.0.2 is better, and mine has been to the HQ for a quick repair.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier