Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First 220Pros are arriving in dealers
I see both Oxford Audio and also Midland Audio Exchange have got their demo units.

Look forward to hearing updates from any forum members fortunate enough to live nearby to listen to the updates!
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
One dealer here in Sweden are going to show both 220 and 440 at there shop 17-18th of September if they get them in time.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(04-Sep-2016, 08:46)octaviars Wrote: One dealer here in Sweden are going to show both 220 and 440 at there shop 17-18th of September if they got them in time.

Which one?
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(04-Sep-2016, 18:26)MightyMart Wrote:
(04-Sep-2016, 08:46)octaviars Wrote: One dealer here in Sweden are going to show both 220 and 440 at there shop 17-18th of September if they got them in time.

Which one?

Akkelis in Gothenburg, they will run a Devialet demo with Vivid B1Decade during the Gothenburg Hifi show.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I spent some time in Oxford today and had a listen to a 200 v 220 Pro through a pair of Wilson Sabrinas (speakers I like, but which I believe are a fairly tough load). The source was an Aurender X100L.

IMHO the 220 gave a big jump over the 200 driving the Sabrinas. There was definitely more "grunt" to the new amp, over and above the extra 20 watts. It reminded me of the change from 200 to 400, but with more finesse. If anyone is considering the change to pro, or alternatively going from a 200 to 400, you really need to arrange to have a listen. I was suitably impressed and I'm now considering my options.

I also had a brief listen to the 1000 Pro in the same set up. Like the 220 but more of everything - effortless. Unfortunately, way too expensive for me! I had hoped to try a 250 Pro but the configurator was still being un-cooperative.

Thanks to Al and the chaps at Oxford Audio for letting me play with their toys.
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
(09-Sep-2016, 18:53)SteveO... Wrote: It reminded me of the change from 200 to 400, but with more finesse.  

Wow! This bodes well for the 400 to 440 PRO! Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thanks SteveO,

I'm going to be interested to read, (and eventually hear in person) the improvements or changes in sound quality and presentation. As you say, the difference is more than 20 watts, which I think is what we're all looking for. This is the fun part; hearing what is effectively a new amp. Or I suppose buying the new amp could be the most fun.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(09-Sep-2016, 18:53)SteveO... Wrote: I spent some time in Oxford today and had a listen to a 200 v 220 Pro through a pair of Wilson Sabrinas (speakers I like, but which I believe are a fairly tough load). The source was an Aurender X100L.

IMHO the 220 gave a big jump over the 200 driving the Sabrinas. There was definitely more "grunt" to the new amp, over and above the extra 20 watts. It reminded me of the change from 200 to 400, but with more finesse. If anyone is considering the change to pro, or alternatively going from a 200 to 400, you really need to arrange to have a listen. I was suitably impressed and I'm now considering my options.

I also had a brief listen to the 1000 Pro in the same set up. Like the 220 but more of everything - effortless. Unfortunately, way too expensive for me! I had hoped to try a 250 Pro but the configurator was still being un-cooperative.

Thanks to Al and the chaps at Oxford Audio for letting me play with their toys.

Wow steve ,that s really very interesting for me! I had the offer from devialet of the discounted price and i m starting saving for it! (200 to 220pro).
My dream is to buy the sabrinas one day soon and your review is just exciting and very helpful!
Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We didn't have a 400 available, so I can't say for sure how the 220 pro matches up to a 400, but I think it would be close and maybe down to taste and/or the speakers used.

Now bring on the 440 Pro.
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
Great discussion.   I've been torn between adding a Companion to make a 400 or going 220 Pro.   I do like the simplicity of a single box solution.    SteveO... - your comments and observations are much appreciated.   I hope I get the same opportunity to compare them (here in US) before I need to make the decision to upgrade or not.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA