Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First 220Pros are arriving in dealers
I predict we will start to read various reviews telling us the 220 blows the 200 out of the water and the 440 is light years ahead of the 400. I will make no predictions until i hear the 440 over the 400 myselfWhether its worth the £££ to upgrade will be a personal choice. I actually recently demoed a 250 against a 200 and preferred the 200 by a long way so paying more doesn't always give you the result you are after. The d400 is certainly no slouch !
Devialet D400
Wilson Sasha
Onkyo Cd transport via aes/ebu
Direct Drive Turntable Micro Benz Gold MC Cartridge
2 x Shunyata Sigma Digital Power Cord
Transparent Super MM2 Speaker Cable
(12-Sep-2016, 18:47)egg1dog Wrote: I predict we will start to read various reviews telling us the 220 blows the 200 out of the water and the 440 is light years ahead of the 400. I will make no predictions until i hear the 440 over the 400 myselfWhether its worth the £££ to upgrade will be a personal choice. I actually recently demoed a 250 against a 200 and preferred the 200 by a long way so paying more doesn't always give you the result you are after. The d400 is certainly no slouch !

Very interesting.   Can you expand on what you heard with the 250 vs the 200?   I understand it's hard to be specific but the devil's in the details and what works for one person, system or room might be altogether different for someone/somewhere else.    

But fundamentally, it is the problem with agreeing to buy an upgrade without actually hearing it first.   I wouldn't have bought the 200 without first hearing it, so I'm quite hesitant to do so for the upgrade.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Doesnt the 250 have identical internals to the 200 ?
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(12-Sep-2016, 20:12)mdconnelly Wrote:
(12-Sep-2016, 18:47)egg1dog Wrote: I predict we will start to read various reviews telling us the 220 blows the 200 out of the water and the 440 is light years ahead of the 400. I will make no predictions until i hear the 440 over the 400 myselfWhether its worth the £££ to upgrade will be a personal choice. I actually recently demoed a 250 against a 200 and preferred the 200 by a long way so paying more doesn't always give you the result you are after. The d400 is certainly no slouch !

Very interesting.   Can you expand on what you heard with the 250 vs the 200?   I understand it's hard to be specific but the devil's in the details and what works for one person, system or room might be altogether different for someone/somewhere else.    

But fundamentally, it is the problem with agreeing to buy an upgrade without actually hearing it first.   I wouldn't have bought the 200 without first hearing it, so I'm quite hesitant to do so for the upgrade.

In my listening room as much as I absolutely loved the more substantial build quality and the heavier remote control, soundwise there was no comparison with my Wilson Sasha's....... the 250 was more refined and less dynamic my 200 had more leading edge and "being there" quality that I am used to. The 250 will definitely have its supporters as it is definitely smoother, less hi-fi and still an amazing sound but I just preferred my 200. Adding another 200 gives me more of what I like. Everyone is different I know what sound I like.
Devialet D400
Wilson Sasha
(12-Sep-2016, 20:35)Rodney Gold Wrote: Doesnt the 250 have identical internals to the 200 ?

Hi Rodney,

I believe it does so why it sounds different I'm not sure. Obviously the more expensive case of the 250 is a factor I was expecting more dynamics, transparency,etc but it didn't do it for me. That's not to say it doesn't sound totally different in someone elses environment it was still an incredible sound. I much prefer the extra punch of adding another 200 for dual mono operation.
Devialet D400
Wilson Sasha
I'm not sure I 100% buy the better 'more expensive' cases leading to a better sound. Sure no doubt it could be improved heat dissipation etc, but it could equally be slightly less refined processing algorithms running on the less expensive models.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

The 200 vs 250 vs 400 issue has been covered in the past, see link for easy reference.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=813
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(12-Sep-2016, 15:39)Martins Hi-Fi Wrote: Have our 220's on dem, however,  anything heard to date is not the finished article - :
Le Configurator should be updated with new models next week.

Incredible :-(

But it fits to the whole upgrade communication stuff so far Tongue
of course dealers should get the 400 besides the 440 for me to be sure to hear a major gap.
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -