Poll: What foil color should I go for?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Clear
6.67%
1 6.67%
Gloss white
6.67%
1 6.67%
Gloss black
0%
0 0%
Gold
13.33%
2 13.33%
Bronze
0%
0 0%
Lamborghini green
20.00%
3 20.00%
Blue chrome
6.67%
1 6.67%
Are you crazy? Don't do it!
46.67%
7 46.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foiling my Dev?
I'm thinking of foiling my Dev400. I know, why the hell do that? Listen, hear me out. I have two kids at home, and one is more chimp than human (2 years old). I constantly worry about my gear and today he cracked my Magic trackpad 2... Just glad it wasn't the Dev remote. Sure, I could hide all of it away but that I refuse to do. So the next best thing in my eyes is to foil them, protecting them from scratches. Saves me the trouble of constantly cleaning them, rubbing like crazy.

So what finish should I go for? Please give me your opinion and wait to see what the result will look like.
Hello, I do not care with which film, it looks modest! The main reason that speaks against is that the waste heat can not be optimally dissipated. Finally, the entire housing serves as a heat sink !! If the waste heat is no longer transported optimally or externally, the temperature rises inside and a heat accumulation develops! Overtemperature, failures of components etc. Sad
My opinion!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Damn, I didn’t even consider that the housing works as a heat sink. Might have to reconsider then.
(28-Jun-2018, 20:48)littlemac Wrote: Damn, I didn’t even consider that the housing works as a heat sink. Might have to reconsider then.

Hi, look here. Maybe this is something for you!
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-C...t=Cleaning

Chat #9
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(28-Jun-2018, 20:48)littlemac Wrote: Damn, I didn’t even consider that the housing works as a heat sink. Might have to reconsider then.

Aluminium foil shouldn't be a problem for heat dissipation. Looks like crap though  Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Child proofing your gear is more of an art than a science, but I'd hesitate doing anything to your gear. Keep things out of reach is the best advice. But hey, they do eventually grow up so just live with smudged Devialet gear for a few years. ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(29-Jun-2018, 08:13)Pim Wrote:

Aluminium foil shouldn't be a problem for heat dissipation. Looks like crap though  Huh

Yeah, that would look like crap and not be much of a childproof either. Might have to put them inside the media furniture...
(29-Jun-2018, 12:57)mdconnelly Wrote: Child proofing your gear is more of an art than a science, but I'd hesitate doing anything to your gear.    Keep things out of reach is the best advice.   But hey, they do eventually grow up so just live with smudged Devialet gear for a few years. ;-)

Hehe, I have been training him with conditioned stimulus (don't worry, no child abuse) but accidents can happen. Oh well, I might just hide them away but I don't really want to, they're so nice to look at Wink
Your kids ? Or your amplifiers ??
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(29-Jun-2018, 13:38):DZappydev Wrote: Your kids ? Or your amplifiers ??

Big Grin lol