Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foobar Question
Hi everybody,

I use Devialet 200 internal DAC connected to a PC (Windows 7) via USB. I run foobar 2000 with Wasapi.
Do you have any suggestions on how to set foobar2000, especially in order to play DSD files? 

Many thanks in advance!
For DSD playback on Foobar you would need the Super Audio CD Decoder Input PlugIn (foo_input_sacd). Search the web for it.

For output, just go to Library -> Configure -> Playback -> Output -> Device (select WASPI (event) USB)
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(26-Nov-2015, 10:58)hk6230 Wrote: For DSD playback on Foobar you would need the Super Audio CD Decoder Input PlugIn (foo_input_sacd). Search the web for it.

For output, just go to Library -> Configure -> Playback -> Output -> Device (select WASPI (event) USB)

thank you very much! that's what I did.

Regarding the sacd plugin, in the section Tools -> Sacd, do you select PCM or DSD? if I select DSD, I cannot play any files. If I go for PCM everything's works and the samplerate is 176.4.

Is it correct or am I missing something?
I believe there's another plugin that allows dsd over pcm. Again, search the web for more info. I haven't used Foobar for quite sometime since owning Roon.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Ok I will.

Does anyone else have suggestions?
Ive found this if its any good to you
http://www.audiostream.com/content/how-p...eZ12OPR.97
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Thank you for your answer.

That is exactly the procedure I already followed.
I sent also an email to Devialet support, I've been told that Devialet does not support native DSD through ASIO. So it is not possible to use asio drivers as audiostream suggests...
That's correct. Only DSD over PCM (DoP)

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

my worry is that I am not listening DoP performed by Devialet but the conversion on the fly made by foobar... which of course is not the best way to play dsd files...
a question was asked in the notes below the article where some guy couldn't get the Chord QuteHD working with ASIO as it didnt support ASIO either
the auther of the article suggested the following which worked and the QuteHD showed a 'purple' light that indicates its accepting DSD

Going through Steps 12 & 13 above but select ASIO4ALL under "ASIO Driver" for Step 14,
and "dcs marker 0x05/0xFA" under "DSD Playback Method" for Step 15.
Then perform Steps 16, 17 & 18.
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England